Computer Problem!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2004
aye i need some help, i rebooted my computer with windows xp discs and all that good shit hella times and i still can't to get the audio to work, everytime i try to play a music and error message comes up sayin "cannot play back the audio stream, no audio hardware is available, or hardware device not responding" i went through all the process i can think of...someone help me out!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
First open your case and if you have a pci card make sure it’s seated properly and didn’t come loose. 9times out of 10 this is the problem and people look right past it. If you do not have a pci card you need to check in your BIOS to make sure on board audio is turned on. If not you will get this error message telling you no audio device found. Another way to check would be too go into your control panel then click on SYSTEM then HARDWARE then DEVICE MANAGER and make sure under SOUNDS there is no yellow question marks or red X's listed. I would then under control panel click the SOUNDS AND AUDIO DEVICES icon and see if there is a listing there at all. This is all I can think of for now let me know how it works.

May 9, 2002
wasy way to find out:

Go to "My Computer" icon,right click,and hit "properties"

Go to the "Hardware" tab,and then go to "device manager"

If you see any yellow question marks on your hardware...it means that the driver isnt loaded yet

May 1, 2003
Check to maker of your board to see what driver you need. You need to know the exact chipset your using. You can find out by opening your computer and looking for something that looks like this:

The maker and the type of chipset will be on this.

Mines is a VIA VT8237. If you have a via chipset you can go to www.viaarena.com and get any driver you need. If not, once you find out what chipset your using , go to google and type "whateveryourchipset audio driver"

May 5, 2004
Doberman said:
Check to maker of your board to see what driver you need. You need to know the exact chipset your using. You can find out by opening your computer and looking for something that looks like this:

The maker and the type of chipset will be on this.

Mines is a VIA VT8237. If you have a via chipset you can go to www.viaarena.com and get any driver you need. If not, once you find out what chipset your using , go to google and type "whateveryourchipset audio driver"
thanks this fixed it but now my goddamn cd-rom and cd burner drive fucked up...haha fuck man

May 5, 2004
now my damn CD/DVD ROM ain't working and Burner is fucked, i went to the device manager and i see the yellow mark on them, the brand is HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8160B and the burner is a MITSUMI CR-48X9TE... and i uninstall both of them and add new hardware and both of the yellow marks still there

Aug 8, 2003
since this is a topic of computer help..

lately for some odd fuckin reason ill be doin something then all of a sudden my mouse will have a mind of its own and go down to either the start button, the clock or my recycle bin.. why the fuck it do that??

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
troll - if its a mouse with a ball its probably hella dirty, you have to unscrew the bottom and clean the little rollers after you take out the ball......if its one with the light at the bottom, something might be off, you might need to get another one

Jun 23, 2003
Could be two things.

You should go into the system bios when it boots up. Go to auto detect hardware. or just download the driver. You can find out what driver you need by going into the control panel, system, and device manager. If it is not listed in there yoiu may need to run the system bios to detect the hardware.

Funny you mention this. I am having the exact same issue with a sony vaio laptop. But I am fucked until I get the chipset drivers from sony. The ones I download do not work.

Good luck.

Aug 8, 2003
Defy said:
troll - if its a mouse with a ball its probably hella dirty, you have to unscrew the bottom and clean the little rollers after you take out the ball......if its one with the light at the bottom, something might be off, you might need to get another one
hmm.. so u think its the mouse?? i got the light one... but i could be jus sitting there typing not even fuck with it then all of a sudden it would move...