Compulsive behavior

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 5, 2002
www.karliehustle.com
Have you ever known someone who was compulsive about something? What causes these compulsions?

I know a dude who lies compulsively. It's not even about big shit, either. It's just little, everyday stuff. He always stutters when he's lying, every single time, and it's nothing even worth lying about.

I know another dude (I dated him, unfortunately) who was compulsive about female attention and sex. I didn't know right away, but sooner than later, his habits started to get out of hand and he could no longer control them. He'd act out in public and do completely tactless things in front of me, and was then entirely confused when I became upset. It was almost the behavior of a sociopath. Once, far after we stopped talking, he brought his new "wife" with him to the club and was compulsively texting me right in front of her. It was like he was getting off on the danger and lewdness of being a complete prick. But it was more than just being an asshole; it's like he had some kind of addiction to running game like a drug addict would feel about the next high.

Mar 4, 2007
hm, well i dunno what youd' define this as, but i define it as ADHD, but my cousin is compulsive about distracting who ever she's with.
its like, im doing somethin hella important, an di just gotta get it over with, and i say "hold on 5 min, then we can hang out" and she'll just be miss distracto, i get so pissed cause it just annoys me after awhile.
she ACTS like she can't help it, and sometimes she acts like she's bothered by it, but i dunno i think it goes back to the fact that she's never had real discipline by a parent figure.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I too know two compulsive liars, who lie to just pretty much lie. I don't get that shit at all. Especially when you call them out on it over and over again and they continue to lie. You'd think they'd get tired of feelin' stupid for lying and gettin' called out on it, but maybe they don't?

I wash my hands a lot, a lot of times for no reason at all. What causes that? I don't really know, I don't know how it started and now I pretty much just do it outta habit. My hands are in really bad shape, dry and cracking and they wont heal because I can't stand lotion. Lotion just makes me feel like I have to wash my hands a hundred times over again. I can't stand the greasy feeling of it.

Apr 25, 2002
It bothers me to see people not clear the microwave after they stop it.

Example: Wife puts something in the micro. to heat it up and stops it with 30 seconds remaining on the clock, but does not clear the display. Just shows :30.

When ever I see this I reach out and clear it. Especially at home, but I've done it at work and other people's houses too.

Apparently it has something to do with liking to see things come to a conclusion and being properly wrapped up.

Nov 20, 2005
It bothers me to see people not clear the microwave after they stop it.

Example: Wife puts something in the micro. to heat it up and stops it with 30 seconds remaining on the clock, but does not clear the display. Just shows :30.

When ever I see this I reach out and clear it. Especially at home, but I've done it at work and other people's houses too.

Apparently it has something to do with liking to see things come to a conclusion and being properly wrapped up.
hahaha i hate that shit too

or when someone turns off the microwave clock. i hate that shit.

~k.

Nov 20, 2005
^ me too.

its because its something you aren't looking forward to doing. unlike work, where you know you will get monetary payment, with homework you do not really have the same view of the benefit until you graduate.

i made no sense but whatever. lol

~k.

May 14, 2002
dont get procrastination mixed up with compulsive...
two different things...
question are you talking about OCD?
or just compulsive personality??
and on the lying part... are you talking about compulsive or pathological liar??

May 24, 2007
I guess im a compulsive procrastinator. Its strange but I don't do it with anything else. Just school.
yeah same here. ill sit down and my mind will be on a thousand other things i could be doing. I guess i have to discipline my mind to do work when i want it to and not the other way around.

Mar 4, 2007
=compulsive procrastinator
lol

^ me too.

its because its something you aren't looking forward to doing. unlike work, where you know you will get monetary payment, with homework you do not really have the same view of the benefit until you graduate.

i made no sense but whatever. lol

~k.

lolol
i've hella thought about that.
i'm like 'wtf, i work my ASS OFF at work, but i dont' dread going or nothin', unless i had no sleep cause i procrastinated doin my hw for school lol, and had to do it in one night.
lol