Comparing "Broad Daylight" and "Neva Be The Same"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2004
I picked up Broad Daylight and Neva Be The Same (i thought it wasn't comin out til the 19th?) from Rasputin Berkeley last night. If you're trying to decide between the two I recommend Neva Be The Same. To me the quality between the two albums isn't even close.

I'd only recommend Broad Daylight if you're a diehard Jacka fan or if you like B-Town Mac, Joe Blow, or T-Wayne cuz they're all over the album. I have no problems with albums that have a lotta features if the features are dope but I just can't get into these cats. I know Jack likes to work with new up and coming talent (matter of fact the first time I ever heard Stalin & Dubb 20 was on Never Blink) but these cats really ruined the songs for me. Jacka comes with heat as always but as soon as these features came on the songs were just ruined for me. Looking at the liner notes it looks like B-Town Mac owns Town Records and so it makes more sense why they're on the project. I had never heard of him, Joe Blow, or T-Wayne before and now I have so in one sense investing the money to put out a Jack album with them all over it makes sense. Like I said, I only recommend this for the diehard Jacka fans or folks who like these Town Records cats.

Neva Be The Same on the other hand is heated from top to bottom. It's only 12 tracks deep but I'm feelin 11 of those 12. Laroo's a vet who mixes with Jacka well and the production and features on this album are both high caliber. If your money's tight or you only plan on picking up one of the two releases I definitely recommend this over Broad Daylight. Shit, with Prenuptial Agreement & Neva Be The Same dropping the same week it's been a good week for Bap rap!

Oct 14, 2009
If u listen to jack how haven't u heard of Joe blow he is on a bunch of his newer CDs and mixtapes including street album drought season 2 the song shotters and he spits