Common, predictable, recurring scenes in tv shows

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
How many fucking tv shows are there with an episode where the idiot main character and his buddy/girlfiend/group of idiot friends "accidentally" lock themselves in A) a freezer, B) closet/storage room (more than likely in a high school) or C) a room where the furnace is broken so it gets really hot (i.e. the opposite of being locked in a freezer)?

Seriously, I can name at least 5 shows where this happens. And when these people do lock themselves in, its usually during the middle of a big event (i.e. a school dance, wedding) or "crisis." Then they either realize they could have gotten out the entire time or are caught doing something embarrassing (huddling together for warmth, making out, or are going crazy.)

Can anyone think of any other "dilemmas" in tv shows that are commonly used over and over again?

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
One of the characters takes out another characters car for a drive and accidentally crashes it, the rest of the episode is spent trying to cover it up.

Parents go out of town and a party is thrown, during the party the parents phone home to say they are coming home early.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^yes!!! exactly what im talking about....ahhhh the infamous party scene, and the crashing the car that u shouldnt have been driving anyway...both of which you have to cover up before the responsible adult finds out.

The funniest thing about all of these scenes is I can think of ALL of these happening in Saved By the Bell.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
One of the cast members starts to feel left out or unimportant and the rest of the cast spends the rest of the show trying to boost there confidence.

Oct 23, 2009
^Yeah like when theres something really wrong with a house, cave etc. and instead of them saying fuck that, they're like lets investigate it.

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
How about when one of the main characters friend or acquaintance starts using drugs.. somehow the drugs make it in that main characters possession and the parents find it and assume it is theirs.

Mar 4, 2009
like shows that have two characters in a kinda relationship/friendship and you never know whats going to happen and they just keep doing that for like 10 years or however long the show goes.