Common Market?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
They're good but they're good b/c of Sabzi, not RA Scion.

Sabzi is right up there w/ D-Sane, Mugz, Bean One & Vitamin D as the best beat crafters in the town (the cool thing about that list right there is that aside from some slight similarities occasionally between Bean One & Vitamin D, they all have very unique sounds from one another).

I'll buy anything Sabzi produces, he's earned that respect from me b/c I'm never disappointed. I do wish he would work with some more talented lyricists from time to time, like if you were to put guys like Tha Loco or Maine One on Sabzi beats, it would sound amazing. But he continues to work with the more backpack style guys, which is fine, but in my little world, not perfect.

^ What comes to mind there is the Evolution of Hip-Hop Compilation which came out back in the summer of 2002. Maybe not intentionally, but what that project did was put mostly CD and South End gangster rappers over more hip-hop sounding Vitamin D / Bean One style beats, and the result was amazing. Guys with typically inferior production like Maine One and Skuntdunanna (at that time, b/c he hadn't been heard on D-Sane beats yet) sounded AMAZING on that compilaton.

I think Sabzi could easily replicate and surpass that effect if he were to do something similar.

Mar 31, 2006
Ra Scion is from Monroe like me (Sleepy Hollow), there's five or six rap hip hop artists that are from out here, but I take the heat for it.....I have'nt heard his new shit yet..., here alot about Sabzi I guess I need to quit sleepin.