Comin Out Hard (First Press?)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
I had a fella ask me to confirm the first pressing of Eightball & MJG - Comin' Out Hard. Since it's been a readily available title all these years, I never really looked into it before. I'm assuming it was the copy I have that was bought in Memphis when it dropped listed as ("Distributed Exclusively by INDI") but I'm not 100% sure since it wasn't purchased in Houston, I've seen a few different versions come out from Suave. There's the version I have a few copies of, and there's a version that just says "Distributed by Suave Records"... not sure which one was first, there's different contact info and the label's logo. Ofcourse there's a few different represses that were made later on where they just started taking all the info off as all the info was no longer accurate.

Some hints at the answer, there's also a German "Rapture" version that was licensed by Suave for distribution in 1993 with a Suave logo that matches the version that I am assuming is the second issue. It does not mention "Distributed Exclusively By INDI" like the copies I have. What I am guessing is that the "INDI" version was first exclusively distributed, then shortly after Suave probably licensed with Rapture in Germany and simultaneously did a second pressing itself since they match up in information. Then other changes were made later down the line on follow ups. I think that was how it went, but I'm only guessing.

Anyone from H-town have any better info? I'm just curious now, Thanks

Apr 25, 2011
Memphis, TN Louisville, KY
You just made me go whip out my cassette copy, which made it even more interesting. The cassette copy i have in my hand has got SOH (Select O Hits Memphis) & Suave Records. I know I have a bunch sealed I might go dig em out just to see any variations. I haven't seen any of CDs with any mention of SOH, so more even interesting.