College Degree + Manual Labor

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Just wondering if anyone else here does it. I've got the 4-year and work at UPS, loading trailers. Basically, I'm sore every day but Sunday. It's my #2 Job and technically I could afford to quit.....but I won't be any time soon. 5-10 years from now when I've got my own office, big paychecks, etc., I'll still have my humility.

Oct 21, 2006
Im still thinking about my future but if you got that office and big paychecks, you're still sucking the man's dick and he could get rid of you whenever the fuck he wants. I don't call that security.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Isnt the reason people go to college in the first place is not to have to work at places like that?

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I like hard work though if it pays right, shit is probably a hell of alot less stressful than the job i have

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Dirty Shoez said:
Just wondering if anyone else here does it. I've got the 4-year and work at UPS, loading trailers. Basically, I'm sore every day but Sunday. It's my #2 Job and technically I could afford to quit.....but I won't be any time soon. 5-10 years from now when I've got my own office, big paychecks, etc., I'll still have my humility.
When I went to Central, the summers that I didn't take courses I would do Geo Thermal heating and cooling system installations. We zip tie PVC pipe that's anywhere rfom 3/4 inch to 1 1/4 inch....then dig trenches in the ground 6 feet deep and 3 feet wide and put the PVC pipe in...then cover it with sand and bring one end of the pipe to the "header" area where all the pipes get fused into one main "header" so the system goes through that.

10 hours per day (at least) and 4 days a week (at least). I've worked 70 hour weeks there before. I don't do that shit now, but I did when I was in college. I won't go back to it now though, my back is fucked up and I can't handle that shit any longer. That's why I went to college and got a degree, 2 minors, and did an internship. Then I hopefully won't have to do anything but what I want to.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
M BUTCHER 206 said:
i work retail

shits easy when youre a people person

but im underpaid. when i graduate i dont want to do this but its a good for business management experience
anything relating to talking to people and selling things whether it's yourself or a product will help out in that...

what are you trying to do after you graduate?

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
I too have a 4 year degree and I work fulltime as an academic counselor..Im in the middle of getting my master's...I want to become high school principal...I could go do construction this very second, but the degree(as well as the connections I've built over the years while in college) will allow me to go back and forth and get my foot in the door at many places where I wouldnt have been able to do if I didnt have the college experience....I want to do a job that involves me using my mind more so than my muscles...plus I want to help the youth....

Mar 4, 2006
i think as long as you like what you do to earn a living it's all good. not everyone likes the same type of work. as for me, i've always made money using my mind rather than my strength.

Mar 4, 2007
this woman i work with at a pizza shop(a very teenager-ish job, i know) is from bulgaria, and she got her degree in literature, but she only took one year of english so she's not that good in english...so now she has to work off her ass making stupid pizza's and getting paid minimum wage, even though she worked for 5 years at a university...

and my another person at my work got his degree in business, but he works at the pizza shop also...