CLYDE CARSON "BASS ROCK" lands on billboard

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Mar 30, 2004
dont no exactly what # but it got on billboards indie and heatseekers charts congrats clyde!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only gave away 300 cd's at $1 so the rest sold pretty good!!!

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
He entered the Billboard "Independent" Chart at #44. With the cd being sold at Rasputin Music for $1 and seeing people actually purchasing the "5" Cd Limit at a time. I thought is was going to chart a lot higher. Country Music really dominated the Billboard Charts this week.

Jun 1, 2007
www.cdbaby.com
$1 a cd for someone who is considered lightweight big in the bay, and only #44...

didnt berner sell more than that?
Your charting placement is based on other peoples sales that week also. So if you come out in a week where there isn't anyone else coming out (this is considered a slow retail day and this is when most independent artists should be trying to release their cd's) then you are more likely to receive a higher placement on the charts. If that week the person that is Topping Billboard is repeating and is only doing say 40,000 units that week and you sell 3,000 units you have a nice shot at making a nice ranking, but lets say you come out the week that the Billboard Chart Topper entered the charts selling 800,000 units and you only moved 1,500 units, you aren't going to make a dent.

I hope that information helps some people.

Peace,

"L"

Purchase: L-Love and Huey present "East County Gamers Vol. 4 with Northern Cut Throats" featuring Lil Dee (Woodie Northern Expozure projects/Big Tone Sav-It-Out Family project), Big Oso Loc, Chino Montana (Big Tone Sav-It-Out Family project), Weech Lok, TC Kapone, Mr. West, Goph, Reckless and many more.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
^^^yeah i already know about all that...but i remember the berner and jacka album hitting like top 25...and im pretty sure top 25 would be in the same ballpark as 44, if not better

but yeah, it all depends on the actual sales...anyone got em?

Oct 19, 2004
That's a coo lil look for clyde but I dnt know how any of you expected more when the album was only marketed in the bay. There was absolutely no push in LA for this EP. I didn't hear one song played on the radio or see one advertisement for it. If it wasn't for siccness i woulda never knew it drop or was even comin out.

Sicc OG
Mar 30, 2004
That's a coo lil look for clyde but I dnt know how any of you expected more when the album was only marketed in the bay. There was absolutely no push in LA for this EP. I didn't hear one song played on the radio or see one advertisement for it. If it wasn't for siccness i woulda never knew it drop or was even comin out.
true