Club bangers

  • Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jan 28, 2007
430
2
0
39
#1
Often nowadays rap songs that become major hits are club-friendly. However, not every rapper creates those type of records. Being that most of the moderate to big hits from Southern California area rappers, past and present, were of the gangsta rap variety, they doesn't lead to much booty-shakin' but rather c-walkin', jerkin' or other dances originating from L.A. The Bay Area rap scene, in contrast, has more energetic records due to the hyphy culture. Would some club-friendly records help to give more mainstream visibility especially for those areas that have not received it (e.g. San Diego)?
 
Aug 9, 2002
5,837
161
0
#2
Not really cause in san diego we don't get local support. Even when our artist create club friendly songs. I only heard one club friendly song by a dago artist and that's Tiny Doo- Tiny Doo it Right. Knockin.
 
Jan 28, 2007
430
2
0
39
#3
nonfiCKtion said:
Not really cause in san diego we don't get local support. Even when our artist create club friendly songs. I only heard one club friendly song by a dago artist and that's Tiny Doo- Tiny Doo it Right. Knockin.
I'ma check this out. But, I see what you're saying, non. I, myself, am an outsider. Do you think going outside of Dago and trying to bubble may work?
 
Feb 27, 2010
620
2
0
#5
Check out Black Fam. Tommy Redding Feat. H-Twenty & Young O - D.I.P. Official club banger and they played and performed this track in many clubs in the Gaslamp.
 

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
928
476
0
#6
I think having more club songs couldn't hurt, but I think it takes more than just songs. You mentioned Jerkin and C-Walking...Both are dance styles that have a "scene" that they are connected to...rather than just music or just a dance. I think for San Diego to have the visibility of some of the L.A music trends it would have to bring both the music and the visuals
 
Jan 28, 2007
430
2
0
39
#7
Rey Ru said:
Check out Black Fam. Tommy Redding Feat. H-Twenty & Young O - D.I.P. Official club banger and they played and performed this track in many clubs in the Gaslamp.
Will do!

T.C said:
I think having more club songs couldn't hurt, but I think it takes more than just songs. You mentioned Jerkin and C-Walking...Both are dance styles that have a "scene" that they are connected to...rather than just music or just a dance. I think for San Diego to have the visibility of some of the L.A music trends it would have to bring both the music and the visuals
Good point! Do you think that SD being similar to L.A. visually and culturally makes it difficult for it to stand out?
 

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
928
476
0
#8
Will do!



Good point! Do you think that SD being similar to L.A. visually and culturally makes it difficult for it to stand out?
Although there are many similarities to L.A, I don't think that's why its so difficult to stand out. LA, like NYC, is a cultural mecca...its kinda hard to stand out when you gotta compete with a city with that much influence.