Christian no longer with WWE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
[email protected]

Jay Reso's final match in WWE was last night at the TV tapings in Los Angeles. While the WWE web site reported him quitting, which was accurate, what happened was a week ago in San Francisco, he was given a new contract, as his old one expired, and told to sign on the spot. He didn't sign. He did come back to work and do another job last night when he quit.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
from lords of pain:

Quote:
One reason that led to Christian's departure from WWE is because he was miserable in WWE for quite some time. He was expecting a big push upon joining Smackdown back in the summer, but it never came to fruition. When he lost to Booker T at the Great American Bash, who wasn't doing much himself at the time, that was a good sign that joining Smackdown wasn't what he thought it would be.

Christian quitting WWE is not a work or storyline, but should he ever come back to WWE, it will probably be turned into a storyline given the company's recent booking style with works and shoots. Upon seeing the terms of the new contract, Christian felt WWE should have offered him more money, but he didn't like what he saw and just quit. He has told friends that he gave WWE a chance to write him out of storylines, hence the reason for why he showed up last night at the Smackdown tapings to do another job when he probably didn't have to.

Like Chris Jericho, Christian has made and saved a good amount of money from his six year tenure with WWE, so he's able to live comfortably enough for the time being without anymore WWE checks coming it.

It should be noted that Christian lives in Florida, very close to where TNA tapes their programs. It's possible that he may be interested in a Kevin Nash-type deal where he drives up to Orlando once or twice a week to wrestle and then spend the rest of the time with his family, whereas in WWE, it's a week-to-week grind of traveling, which can be very tiring. Also, seeing how Christian's contract just expired, he wouldn't be subject to the 90-day clause like other WWE Superstars who depart prematurely. When the Dudleyz Boyz' contracts expired back in August, they were legally able to work for TNA right away.

Dec 4, 2004
WWE dropped the ball with him....started having him job to Booker, fucking killed all the momentum he had. I dont blame him for leaving, I hope he does good in TNA

Dec 29, 2002
i read on sites that he quit because wwe called him yesterday and told him jr would not be able to return this fast from his surgery so they were gonna make him lose at taboo tuesday to coach with the interference of mark henry
so of course stone cold said screw u and no showed raw and said he would not be at the ppv

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
That sucks, Christian was one of my favorite wrestlers. He had his heel role down cold. i hope he comes back someday

May 16, 2002
wwe has been misusing talent for a long time now. hopefully christian will be used properly in TNA if he goes there or someday the wwe will realize what they lost.

Aug 20, 2005
jsut another story of wwe misusing the talent and lossing them.....like you have rey rey, psicosis, juv and super crazy...why are they doing the same moves as the heavyweights?? you have the talent let them do there thing be creative and fly...thats the only reason i'm watching tna right now...its not the same moves over and over all the time..and atleast there finishers all arent a superkick or suplex.....

Sep 15, 2004
everythign has a shelf live, i think without super big names wwe is losing its luster, i miss guys like rock lesnar goldberg sting , i dont want to watch guys come back from the dead like golddust (though i love his character) i want to see these big name guys wrestle not jbl or watever

Aug 20, 2005
hghscks said:
everythign has a shelf live, i think without super big names wwe is losing its luster, i miss guys like rock lesnar goldberg sting , i dont want to watch guys come back from the dead like golddust (though i love his character) i want to see these big name guys wrestle not jbl or watever
well thats were we differ...i would rather not have the big names...they all do the same boring moves cause they dont have to try to get popular so they do the bare minimum to keep the fans....i dont miss goldberg, the rock....i want some of the one that are around to go away like shawn mickeals(sp), undertaker, kane, hhh, big show, rick flair.....we agree on jbl but thats about it...

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
caffeine said:
is jericho gone ?
Jehrico let his contract expire last month, or two months ago. ITs not that hes done with wrestling, but hes been doing it for the last 15-16 years. He wants to try other things, hes made a good dime in the Dub, now he can concentrate on his band, or doing Best week ever on the vh1.