CHILLDREN OF DA GHETTO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
Here's an interview from Murderdog Mag bout a year ago. It explains everything on they situation.

What's up with your album? Are you guys still signed to Hoo Bangin?

Goldiiz: Well as far as Mack 10, he went over to Cash Money so that leaves COG to stand on our own 2 feet. Right now, we got our own company and a few groups. Homicide Crew, Vigilantes, singers, and everything coming out under our own thing. So you know, we ain't gonna stop. We gonna keep moving and moving.

So y'all completely independent right now?

Problem Child: Naw, we ain't going to say that cuz ain't no contract release or nothing like that right now.

Bad Seed: But we open for all avenues. We have a few majors and a few independents looking at us right now. We just doing our thang. Anyone who want to deal with Chilldrin of da Ghetto, there ain't no problem with dealing with us.

Problem Child: All day long.

But what happened with y'all last album?

Goldiiz: That album did good. It did real good. Number 6 on the Billboard charts for the first single. We didn't have much promotion on the radio or the mainstream video and #8 on the Billboard chart for the album, so we did good for a first time group with the promotion we had, but now we finna hit 'em hard this time.

Do you plan to start releasing your own records and eventually getting a label deal?

Goldiiz: Oh yeah, cuz I'm a producer and I got groups coming out. We ain't gonna stop. And these niggas got groups too.

Problem Child: It's like this, we all entrepreneurs. We all got our own thing going on, but we all together with it. We got our own mindset.

How long do you think it'll be before we hear another COG album?

Problem Child: Probably the end of the year, beginning of next year and we will have an album out for y'all to hear on our own under that Chilldrin of da Ghetto label.

Bad Seed: Man this Murderdog. We can say anything we want in Murderdog, Joe. I'll tell 'em...

Problem Child: This shit the right shit, we just gotta tell it the real way... we got our own shit.

Bad Seed: I'm saying the bottom line, Mack 10 done run off you know and went with Cash Money now. You know he from New Orleans right now. We still Chicago.

Goldiiz: Make sure you let them know in that article Mack 10 left his group hangin' but we ain't hangin'.

Bad Seed: But we ain't hangin' cuz we been soldiers when he met us and we gonna stay soldiers.

Problem Child: And we want everybody to know that we want to get down with everybody on the map. We in Chicago on the west side. Ain't hard to find.

Goldiiz: We got something we want y'all to print in there, "Listen up/I want my dough/Everything a nigga owe/Movin' on to building bridges to Hoo Bangin' niggas/I want my figures." We just wanted to say this to the people in the industry that we been dealing with.

Bad Seed: Cuz Chilldrin of da Ghetto, we mad. We feel like we had good product and they used our product.

With your experience with the major labels and the deals you had and how they've gone sour, why would you want to fuck with another major as opposed to trying to just going the full independent route?

Problem Child: We been having alot of disputes on that same situation, but we finna get ourselves together on that. Right now, that's where our main point is basically. We finna put an album out on the COG label. Get our own money. We ain't gonna have to need nobody, they gonna have to need us. They gonna come get us.

Goldiiz: The next time you see COG, we're gonna be an operating corporation, an operating vehicle, and an operating organization. So that's how we trying to lay it down, we not trying to come half-steppin'

Feb 14, 2004
This is still a tight album. Bumpin it right now. Drug Lord is the shit.

I wish they would have released more albums, but not with Hoo Bangin.