Chicago, IL -WWSD?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 18, 2002
Anyone on the sicc live in CHI?
Anyone visit, got friends there?

I'm visiting later this month, based on that I might move there. What is there to do, what is good in CHI and how is the job market?

I did some research, cheaper than living in Seattle.
Who knows whats up?

:siccness:

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
All I will say is this.

If you smoke weed and want to get bopped every time you buy shit, then move to Chicago. I've got some family there, as well as step-family, and I've been told that for a gram of some good shit, you'll be paying probably around $30-40. It was from a very reliable source too.

If you move directly into Seattle, then duh it's expensive. But if you stayed somewhere a little farther out, like Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Mountlake Terrace, or something like that, you wouldn't be paying as much.

Obviously you wouldn't move just for the weed situation...but the weather there is pretty brutal too. Seattle is fairly mild, warm to hot summers, and the winters aren't usually horrible. We get snow and shit, but usually not more than 6 inches. Although about 10 years ago we got like 2 feet in a couple days...lucky for me I was in Florida on vacation for x-mas. lol....

If you got any questions about Seattle, post a thread in the NW forum or hit me up. I can give you some info as well.

Dec 18, 2002
All I will say is this.

If you smoke weed and want to get bopped every time you buy shit, then move to Chicago. I've got some family there, as well as step-family, and I've been told that for a gram of some good shit, you'll be paying probably around $30-40. It was from a very reliable source too.

If you move directly into Seattle, then duh it's expensive. But if you stayed somewhere a little farther out, like Shoreline, Lake Forest Park, Mountlake Terrace, or something like that, you wouldn't be paying as much.

Obviously you wouldn't move just for the weed situation...but the weather there is pretty brutal too. Seattle is fairly mild, warm to hot summers, and the winters aren't usually horrible. We get snow and shit, but usually not more than 6 inches. Although about 10 years ago we got like 2 feet in a couple days...lucky for me I was in Florida on vacation for x-mas. lol....

If you got any questions about Seattle, post a thread in the NW forum or hit me up. I can give you some info as well.
yooooo
i was asking about Chicago,
i forgot to state that i already live in seattle lol.

i need to know about areas of Chicago, where i can get a cheap hotel and walk around downtown...

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
It depends... How far are you trying to be from Downtown? Do you care much about safety? What kind of neighborhood are you looking for? Do you care if it's predominately Black, Mexican, Chinese, etc.? The L-Train and Metro busses are pretty stretched out around the city so you can get pretty much anywhere if need be.

Nov 20, 2005
if you take the CTA get a day pass. its worth the money.

try a chicago pizza, you will be in love.

Lou Malnati's Pizzeria
- www.loumalnatis.com - (312) 828-9800 - 156 reviews

Giordano's
- www.giordanos.com - (312) 951-0747 - 115 reviews

Gino's East of Chicago
- www.ginoseast.com - (312) 943-1124 - 100 reviews

Chgo Pizza & Oven Grinder Co
- www.chicagopizzaandovengrinder.com - (773) 248-2570 - 41 reviews

Home Run Inn Pizza
- www.homeruninn.com - (773) 247-9696 - 51 reviews

Pizzeria Uno
- www.unos.com - (312) 280-5120 - 58 reviews

Connie's Pizza Inc
- www.conniespizza.com - (312) 326-6105 - 16 reviews

Piece Restaurant
- www.piecechicago.com - (773) 772-4422 - 25 reviews

Pizzeria Due
- www.unos.com - (312) 280-5110 - 28 reviews

Exchequer Restaurant
- www.exchequerpub.com - (312) 939-5633 - 12 reviews

check out all the nice architecture in chicago. check out millenium park. downtown is hella nice and clean.

get a hotdog from the south side.

~k.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I've had 1/2 of those pizzas tha last time I went. O, & there's this one pizza place on the South Side, I wish I took a picture of the place cuz it wuz so hood, that was de-fuckin'-licious. Chicago hot-dog is a must. Get a Maxwell Street Hot Dog in Jew-Town. Don't fall 4 knockoffs

Dec 18, 2002
It depends... How far are you trying to be from Downtown? Do you care much about safety? What kind of neighborhood are you looking for? Do you care if it's predominately Black, Mexican, Chinese, etc.? The L-Train and Metro busses are pretty stretched out around the city so you can get pretty much anywhere if need be.
I want to be at most a 15 minute metro bus/L-train from downtown.

I care somewhat about safety, I like an in-between neighborhood.
I don't care if its predominantly black or mexican, chinese i dunno...

lol@jew town.

@kayvee -- Good lookin out!

white devil said:
If you do shrooms, DONT MOVE TO CHICAGO
Not a problem.

Nov 20, 2005
no problem. i looked into moving there myself, but i can barely deal with california winters i dont think i would last in a chicago winter.

summer can get hella humid. also, there are no hills, its all a flat grid.

~k.

May 31, 2007
What would Satan do? lol

First thing you gotta do is get a Chicago style hotdog. The rest is whatever.
that EXACTLY what i thought this was gonna be. I thought it was gonne be some news article about some Satanists..

But yes if your new to the CHI get a hot dog, or hit up Maxwell Street for a POLISH.