chemical reactions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 6, 2008
i wanted to know how this works, cuz i cant get a clear answer, so help me out in understanding this.

you have a raw tomato, and all teh chemicals taht make a tomato a tomato is held within that tomato. its weight stays the same.

so now you take taht same tomato and you cook it like as a sauce. now it has lost some of its weight due to heat loss.

now the thing that gets me is they say a tomato when it is cooked produces more of a certain chemical (i think tis called lycopene), than what is found in a raw tomato.

how the hell is a cooked tomato gonna ahve more lycopene than a raw tomato?

i mean, the raw tomato should have the same amount of lycopene as a raw tomato and when ti is cooked. i mean shit, it to me it should have less lycopene cooked, because its mass is being reduced thru heat loss.

like i said it should have the same lycopene as a raw tomato as it does when the tomato gets cooked.

why would the cooking heat produce more lycopene, if there is less of the tomato cooking it??

the only way i could see this tomato problem is how we get our vitamin d.

sure, we can take some vit. d pills and get our vitiman d that way. but it is not as effective as sitting out in the sun.

but for some reason, being exposed to the sun, produces a lot more vitiman d for our body, than jsut taking th vitiman d pills.

maybe th cooking heat caused the chemicals that were nonlycopene chemicals in the tomato to conform and change into lycopene chemicals, i guess.