Check your Sunday advertisements!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
Lay them all out on the floor. Notice anything? Bwhahahaha! 99.99% of the advertisements featuring women who are either very Hispanic looking or at least non-blondes. Nearly all feature brown hair, brown-eyes, and or other traditionally Latino features. Even some of the what I suspect to have been originaly very blonde, very blue-eyed white women appear to have been Photoshopped with darker hair and brown eyes. Talk about target marketing.

Viewed globally it screams "I know you're being attacked everywhere, but we promise a safe, catered-to-you, shoppig expience at <insertstorenamehere>. 1 or 2 would have went un-noticed, but damn near all of them? Shit's comedy.

While I agree that Cinco de Mayo may have played some part, there's no doubt some advertisement exec somewhere seen this (after watching the news this last few weeks) as a brilliant opportunity to garner some "street cred".

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
Or maybe 'the average blonde' is less attractive now a days. Latino women are the new 'hotness'. Look at Eva Mendes, J. Lo, Eva Longoria, all the Spanglish biatches. The ads target EVERYONE.

Infact, Latino women are the new leading lady in movies too, because they work with a Black Man lead role or a White Man lead role (it's fucked, but it's true). Look at the movie "Hitch" as a direct use of this "safety casting". Eva Mendes can go from Denzel, then Tyrese to Paul Walker, then Matt Damon, then Will Smith. You can't do that with Angela Basset, you can't do that with Gwenyth Paltrow.

The world be racist.