Cheap way to record good audio?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 18, 2002
Can anyone point me in the right direction to learning material about the correct way to record my songs so they sound better, i really don't know shit about this subject and i wanna get into it heavily. When you first started out, what did you use to record your tracks, whats a good beginning home setup and how much will it run me. any books i can read? thanks.

oh and right now im workin with WINDOWS SOUND RECORDER AND A MICROPHONE, SO REALLY I NEED POINTERS.

Apr 25, 2002
There's tons of posts on this subject. I'd suggest using the search option before anything.

Also, nobody knows what you mean by "cheap". Cheap to some people is <$100 while it's <$1000 to others. There isn't a 'cheap' way to record good solid quality music. Good audio REQUIRES good equipment and good engineering and there's no getting around it.

Nobody can tell you how to make your songs sound better because nobody knows what equipment you're using, how you're recording, what you're doing right/wrong in a mix, etc... Usually the best way to improve is to intern for or be mentored by someone who knows what the fuck they're doing. The real work is finding someone who fits that description.

Basically, do a search and read atleast some of the millions of posts on this subject, then come up with a specific question to ask. You'll get your answers quicker, trust me.