Challenging parking citations in SF

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
Has anyone ever done it? On the back of the ticket it states you have 21 days to request a review. So here is my letter, and this is all true as I have recieved parking tickets in the past. What do you think? Am I still paying $65 fucking dollars for an honest mistake?

On 03/05/2011, I traveled to San Francisco, CA and parked on Sutter Street. After parking I looked for a sign stating the hours of operation for the meters. I even looked on the meter itself, there were none. The only parking signs I witnessed were related to street cleaning parking hours. I observed many meters blinking red and figured they were not operating at 4:00 p.m. on a late Saturday afternoon. I returned to my car at approximately 5:30 p.m. to find a ticket. I took a picture of the immediate area on the street supporting my claim. It is attached as exhibit A. There were no signs in the general vicinity. Without a sign I could not be reasonably expected to know the hours of operation for the parking meters. The time and day of the week should be considered. Please void this ticket.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
I did and they excused my fine...it was when I was working at the post office....on pine st....it was early and dark and I didn't see a street sign ...the street sign I was by was spray painted black so I couldn't read it.....
I took pictures and didn't even send them in with my letter...challenge it..

Dec 2, 2006
I did and they excused my fine...it was when I was working at the post office....on pine st....it was early and dark and I didn't see a street sign ...the street sign I was by was spray painted black so I couldn't read it.....
Right on. I am going to.

Mar 21, 2009
i was not trying to be smart ass on that by the way. you really can't send something into court saying you "seen" something. just trying to help

Dec 2, 2006
i was not trying to be smart ass on that by the way. you really can't send something into court saying you "seen" something. just trying to help
I originally worded it differently and had "would have seen a sign if there was one" but forgot to change seen when I shoretened up the letter. Right on for pointing that out. This kush will do that to you.lol

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
they didn't tell you why they excused it, did they?

May 6, 2002
I don't know if it varies from county to county but in LA they only need one sign per block. Pretty much meaning, if there is a parking sign stating x,y and z within that block (can range up to half a mile) then that is enough for them to give you a ticket. You will lose.

You would have to see how far the sign is and what that sign says.

I have fought parking tickets several times. I've won all of them.
Keep in mind I only fight ones I know I will win. I've paid my share of parking tickets as well..