Challenge the GURU

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Let's get some handicapping going on here. I know Shark and RevoL are down, but I want to get as many people involved as possible. See who the REAL Guru’s are when it comes to this shit. Here's how were going to do this. I am going to provide for each game, the Spread, and the Over/Under. You must use one of the two options for that single game, then move on to the next. For example, if you feel more comfortable with the O/U rather then the spread you may opt to go with just that. I am thinking about getting some sort of league going, maybe create a website and rank the handicappers here, if we get enough people involved I might do it. This is just a trial as of right now, I hope you so called Guru’s have enough balls to make predictions for everyone to see. Look to the bottom of the thread for further explanations. There are two purposes for todays games, to see who is the top, and to see who can beat Nitro the GURU, I will post mine before tip-off, asuming there are atleast 3 other people who challenge me.

Rules:
Each correct prediction is worth 1 point; each tie on a single game will be worth a half point. This point system is to determine the winner of a single day's play.
The deadline is before tip-off of the first game. We will determine weather or not you made it by the time shown on your post. Today’s first game starts at 4:00pm, that gives us about 4 hours.
If you do not want to post your predictions right away for reasons so that others don't copy yours, you may email them to me, and I will post them around tip-off time.

Ok, let’s go.

Lines:

Philly -3.5 Utah (195.5)
Indiana -5.5 Bucks (198.5)
Knicks -2.5 Orlando (203.5)
Boston -6 Toronto (186.5)
T'wolves -12.5 Clev. (203.5)
Memphis -4 Miami (184.5)
Chicago -3 Atlanta (190.5)
Hornets -5 Denver (174.5)
Lakers -4 Seattle (191.5)
Portland -12 Clippers (187.5)

Bonus Round:

Lakers v. Seattle
Hornets v. Denver
Philly v. Utah

Winner Gets: Bragging rights. Sooner or later, hopefully, I am going to make a website of some sort with the win/loss records of each player and a ranking for the top percentage cappers. I will keep track of all capping that is done including this one.

Bonus Round: Predict the outcome of a game. In other words, show what you think will be the final score in that particular game. If you hit a number for that team, you will be awarded 1 point, if you hit both teams in the same game, you will be awarded 3 points.

Confused?: If you don't understand the format of the lines and/or what do do with them, but you want to play, email me and I will either let you know through email, or create a seperate post explaining it.

May 16, 2002
This is good idea Nitro...Lets get this shit CRAKULATIN...HaHa...

I got 2 picks for tonights games...

Im takin the (Over) in the Lakers - Sonics game - 191.5

And the (Over) in the Magic - Knicks game - 203.5

Apr 25, 2002
Hmmm, I sort of had something else in mind. I was thinking that a prediction for all games should be made so that we can have an equal opportunity for points earned. Then I started thinking that it isnt right to force handicappers to make predictions on every game. What do you think of this. There are 10 games, of the 10 games, and a possible 20 bets, you pick your 5 best bets. Then maybe a bonus round, where I will provide some other game where you can risk loss of points, but you have the option not to bet on any of them. For example, in a bonus round game, if you make a right prediction you get 1 point, if you make a wrong prediction you lose one point, if you don't make a prediction, nothing happens. In order for the point total for a single days event to work we must all cap the same amount of games. You only took 2 games, So even if I got 30% with all 10 picks, I will beat you, however in the long run, you will be ranked higher in %. I need feedback on the idea of 5 best picks (that amount cant be altered to fit everyones desire) and the bonus round.

May 16, 2002
Nitro GH said:
Then I started thinking that it isnt right to force handicappers to make predictions on every game.
Exactly...

I think that we should get to pick whatever games we like( Not have to pick 5) and if we hit its 1 point and if we lose its -1 to our score...

But whatevers clever...Its all in fun....LETS DO THIS!

Apr 25, 2002
Ok that sounds good, do or die on every pick. We will atleast do it like this untill we can get more people involved on the operations of this handicapping. I would still like to do that bonus round, it would NOT count towards a total percentage, but it will earn you extra points without the risk of losing any. Everyone who wants to get involved speak up, I know there arent to many of you with the skill and balls to do this publicly, thats why we need you GURU's to speak up.

May 16, 2002
Sound good....

Yeah will see who has Nuts to make some predictions....

Heres a website with free signup to start your own leaugue for making picks...Check it out--->WagerLine

Apr 25, 2002
Five picks for the day.

Philly -3.5
Miami +4
Lakers -4
Lakers Over 191.5
Knicks Under 203.5

I wanted to go with Atlanta +3, but it was too sketchy, im going with these 5 picks. Also, fuck the bonus round for this day, were going just straight skill ATS-O/U. Should we have set days we do this, or do you want to do this every day? Come on PUSSIES!

May 16, 2002
Thanks to Drew Gooden & Clarence Weatherspoon I sealed the over in knicks game...Drew with that nice block on Houston at the end and then Weatherspoon cant hit that easy lay in....OT wins it....

The Sonics got some payback...Ray with a Triple Double...But I hit the over...

Rev where ya at with ya picks playboy??????

Apr 25, 2002
Shark 0 (1-1)
Nitro -3 (1-4)

Come on yall, don't be pussies.

Lines for Saturday

Spurs -3.5 Kings (196.5)
Wizards -8 Bulls (187.5)
Dallas -14 Memphis (211.5)
Suns -5.5 Hornets (190.5)
Sonics -1 Clippers (186.5)
Warriors PK Pistons (192.5)

My Picks:

Pistons PK
Bulls +8
Sonics -1
Kings +3.5

Shark

Sicc OG
May 16, 2002
@Nitro...I hit both games...I had the Lakers game over which ended at 197 and I hit the Magic over which ended at 228?

I should be 2-0

I`ll have picks for tommorow...Today was hectic...

Jan 19, 2003
you guys should join wagerline.com and i can make a new account. its a site where gamblers pick against the spread and over and under, theres thousands of people that do it and it keeps track of your record and shows what place your in compared to other people....also every night you can click on any of that nights game and see what the top 10 people for those teams picked on that game, reall good site.....i use it all the time to see if other people feel the same way i do about a game , usually if i have a good feeling bout a game but i see more people going the oposite way on wagerline i usually wont call it in , teheres some real good gamblers on wgerline.

Apr 25, 2002
Shark said:
@Nitro...I hit both games...I had the Lakers game over which ended at 197 and I hit the Magic over which ended at 228?
Your right, my bad. That makes you 2-0 and me 2-3 excluding the folowing picks made afterwards.

SnikoDawg said:
if you guys get a site set up at wagerline or wherever...then i'll jump in and make predictions with ya
Ill create a league at wagerline, good shit Sniko.

Shark 3-1
Nitro 3-4-1

You missed that Philly game by a hair.

Apr 25, 2002
3-1 today, should have known not to go against the Lakeshow, just goes to show. Thought Philly would put up more of a fight.

Totals
Nitro: 6-5 (54%)
Shark: 4-2 (67%)

Shark, what is normally done with ties when figuring out percentages? Do I strike it as a loss, or do I not even include it. I just left it out but I wanna go by the book.. how they do it in Vegas.

May 16, 2002
On a tie I just look at it as I never made the bet....No win No Loss...Thats how vegas does it.... They just give you back your money you bet on the game...

But if you tie on a parlay bet then you lose in vegas....

On ties just look at it as we never made the bet...

3-1 not bad....