CD Ripping

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
What program does everyone use to RIP/Look up cd info?

i used to use Musicmatch Jukebox but they apparently discontinued. I converted to Yahoo Music Jukebox... GARBAGE.
Windows media player is garbage, and Zune is also garbage for ripping and finding info.
does anyone have anything to recommend, i really want to break something right now but i dont have the extra cash to replace shit. fuck.

thanks

Oct 21, 2006
I use iTunes cuz it makes everything easier to organize. I don't like it, but as long as the computer is organizing shit, it's a lot easier than me doing it by hand. I still have to tag it and everything, but it'll move songs based on the ID3 tags and everything. Thats why I use it. Plus it makes it easier to transfer songs to my external and use em for DJing with Serato.

Jan 5, 2006
i finally stepped up and got an ipod a few months ago since theres a shitload of accessories for it and stuff, i have my music sorted in itunes by categories.

Nov 1, 2004
im really hoping for something that can look up cd info as well. musicmatch used to be really good at that, finding bay albums and cover art and such without be doing shit but ripping it. seems that even though i bought musicmatch, yahoo bought that prog and totally fucking ruined it. ill check those progs out on thurs, i wont be on tomorrow

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Itunes can do anything you need. I had Music Match untill I got an Ipod in 2004 and I was hesitant to change over to Itunes but I really like it. It works just like Music Match and uses the same database to find album information. It also organizes your music if you want and you can adjust the quality of the mp3's that it rips from cd's just like any other program. You won't need to convert to a different format even though Itunes has the apple format.

Nov 1, 2004
i only got an 80gb hard drive and over 6000 songs on it already.
plus various other garbage
i got an external but i like my music on my comp.
besides, when i burn cds it takes it from mp3 to .wav
i just like mp3 on the comp

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
yeah, you can choose however you'd like it to be extracted on itunes

that's what I use.....but then again I'm on a mac.....but still, I'd fuck with it on PC too since windows media player is ASS

I wish they had itunes for my windows mobile