Caught stealing gas!!! LOL.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 19, 2003
http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/07/31/sign.of.shame.ap/index.html

SALISBURY, Maryland (AP) -- A woman who stole $4.52 worth of fuel was ordered to stand outside the gas station Friday wearing a sandwich board sign that declared: "I was caught stealing gas."

Sherelle Purnell obeyed the court order, although by the time she arrived 90 minutes late to her noon sentence, the crowd of people that gathered to watch her had dispersed.

"There were parents who came with their children, wanting to teach them a lesson," said Jan Phipps, manager of Gordy's Tiger Mart, which pushed for the unorthodox punishment.

Purnell, 18, who was caught on surveillance tape speeding away from the gas pump, walked along the convenience shop's grassy storefront as passing drivers honked horns and made catcalls.

Andrew Black, who stopped by on his lunch break, was critical of the punishment and converted an old beer poster into a sign protesting high gas prices.

"What is this, the Middle Ages?" said Black.

Purnell declined to comment.

Some passers-by considered the punishment to be a good deterrent.

"Embarrassment is the best way to deal with these things," Randy Jedlicka said.

May 2, 2002
she had enough money to pay for that Coke she's drinkin', yet she couldn't pay $4.52 for gas. broke ho. serves her right. shit, she probably jacked that Coke. you gotta be a real ignant ass somebody to steal some fuckin' gas.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i have stole gas before,and made money off it at the same time,haha...my boys girlfriend used to wrk at a bank and whenever somebody left behind check cards or had old ones that hadnt been cancelled yet she would give them to us and we would go to the gas station and fill up all our cars,haha...call it what you want but we would fill up like 10 cars and shit,thats a come up cause nobody wants to pay for gas,haha....then we would tell ppl we would fill their shit up for 20 bucks,flat rate...we would tear it...aahh the good ol days

Apr 25, 2002
This is classic! I bet she felt like she worth about $4.52 as she was wearin that sign.

I think we need to have more fitting punishments like this one...so maybe then people will think before doin some dumb shit.

$4.52??? My youngest nephew coulda paid for that broad's gas for her....

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
something tells me that she didn't mean to pull off before paying for the gas, or the times were just that hard. My homeboy used to steal full tanks of gas in his 69 catalina...and that was a boat if you don't know. They take your license away in just about every state now for doing that. That's comedy tho