Car Alarms

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NASA

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2003
^^hahaha

I got a remote start, alarm and two way pager for like $350 installed. Just check out a few stereo shops and they should be able to tell you what alarms will werk for ya.

May 3, 2002
Yeah i was doin some research on alarms like a month ago, tryin to get one for my new car.. but i still havent gotten one yet.

If you want a straight "Car Alarm" i would say got with a Viper or Clifford.. u can get the alarms with the LCD screens that show if someone is messin with ur door/hood/trunk whatever.. but the thing is it has short range and if ur not in range u wont get a response. there around i think $300-$400..

The other i was lookin at was Lojack.. which seems pretty good.. they put a device in ur car.. they dont show u were its at, can be in like 28 different places.. yada yada, If u notice ur car is gone, u call to activate it, and police can use there radio to track it down.. within a couple hours.. but that could be too late. Because its up to u to notice when ur car is not there. But then Lojack has an Early warning opition, for like $100 more.. when the hidden lojack device detects that the car is moved.. it will send out a message to ur phone, email, cell phone, ect. to let u know.. so u can call it in quicker. So for the Lojack unit its like around $500-$600, $100 for Early Warning, and they say every 2 years u should have it checked on to see its still working properly which is like $25.

So ur only really safe if u have both.. but thats a lotta money.. i think the best thing if u can afford it would be get a Lojack, Early warning and a cheap "car alarm" just it alerts people around ur car if someones messin with it.

Oct 30, 2002
Don't know if the car thiefes there are different from what we got here in Finland, but I recommend that if you got a car alarm system, don't put that red blinking led into your car. That only tells to the thief that your car got an alarm system and ANY alarm system can be defused. If the thief don't know that your car got an alarm system and tries to steal it and the alarm goes off, he'll pretty sure run and leave your car alone. You know, it's better to have a broken window than a stolen car, right.

And definetly do not put any stickers to your car windows that tells what kind of an alarm system you got there. That won't scare the thief away. It only tells him what kind of a system he has to defuse.

Apr 1, 2002
Likwid said:
Just buy a python and let it chill on your steering wheel, NOBODY but the fuckin crocidile hunter will touch your shit.

HAHA, the steering wheel can be removed and replaced with a mobile steering wheel lol.

Apr 25, 2002
i got a python 881xp made by viper in my scraper...works jus fine...2way paging, all entries, shock protection, and ignition kill...no remote start though thought that was kinda ghetto fab...it works up to about a 1/4 mi depending on walls...installed for 2nifty