CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - Howard Stark Practically Confirmed To Appear

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2012
Dominic Cooper, the English actor behind Captain America: The First Avenger’s Howard Stark, has seemingly confirmed he’ll reprise the role in Marvel’s sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier!

Completing its sixth week of filming just yesterday, with 10 more extensive weeks to go, Marvel’s Captain America: The Winter Soldier film has been dubbed The Avengers 1.5 due to its large cast of S.H.I.E.L.D.-affiliated characters. Now it seems Howard Stark, one of the founding members of the peacekeeping organization, will make an appearance in the 2014 “political thriller,” returning actor Dominic Cooper. “Well... It’s hard to say. We’re shooting something for it,” Cooper admitted to Total Film, after the English thesp was asked about reprising The First Avenger role. He added, “I’ve worn the costume again. But whether they just had me put it on as a joke, I don’t know! [laughs] It was good fun getting back into it and he’s got some very cool shades now. But who knows…”

Judging by Dominic Cooper’s uncertainty (and not to mention all that Steve Rogers will deal with in the present time), Howard Stark is not expected to feature much in Captain America: The Winter Soldier flashbacks, which have been said to center on Cap, Bucky, Peggy Carter and Arnim Zola. However, having helped to to create Captain America and his mighty shield, rediscovering the cosmic cube (which led to The Avengers events), forming S.H.I.E.L.D., and, of course, fathering Tony Stark aka Iron Man, Howard IS a crown jewel to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Howard Stark Practically Confirmed To Appear In CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

Props: fillyacup