Can someone PLEASE tell me...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
...why there's seriously little-to-no promo for Sickology yet? I understand it comes out late April, but still....Give us something, and by something..I mean more than a little "PRE-ORDER NOW!" bulletin every day.

Oh, and...why the fuck are they even allowing people to pre-order the album before there's even a tracklist out? I know a few cats that aren't even going to fuck with it 'til one surfaces and by that point, they wont even care enough to buy. They'll probably just wait for the leak.

I'm just saying..release a single/sampler soon or something(I'm not saying that just for my benefit). If not, give us a new Tech myspace layout..or website intro like they've done before. AT THE VERY LEAST..hook up some graphics. Not that shitty MS paint designed aim-icon looking thing I see popping up either. I lol @ the fact that the only Sickology promo out there is the album cover and some leaked photo that looks like it's not even going to be used.

There's hardly even any e-hype..which is weird, 'cuz that's how Strange rolls. I drop a 'April 28: Tech N9ne-Sickology 101' post in a 'New Releases' thread and get reactions like...'WTF? THAT GUYS GOT A NEW CD COMING OUT ALREADY?!11 WHY HAVEN'T I HEARD THIS?'

I prob sound lame going on about this..but I'm getting tired of seeing all these OT threads and figured I'd try to shift some talk back to something N8 hasn't posted. And by that, I mean those SUPER important posts containing info on his SUPER sexy new album.

Anyone know what's up..or..can explain this any better to me?

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
I heard the hold up is the fact they sat down and decided to retool their approach to this project. Instead of pressing it as an album, they're now thinking of scrapping the traditional idea and adopting one that fits the album. They're currently looking for a college in the area that will let them rent one of their classrooms for the duration for a semester. Instead of going and buying this 'album,' you will instead have to attend this class room to hear it. Tech will come into the room and recite the lyrics in front of the 'class,' much like he is teaching you.

Innovative concept, me thinks.

Aug 4, 2003
Eugene
oregonshane.wordpress.com
I prob sound lame going on about this..but I'm getting tired of seeing all these OT threads and figured I'd try to shift some talk back to something N8 hasn't posted. And by that, I mean those SUPER important posts containing info on his SUPER sexy new album.

Anyone know what's up..or..can explain this any better to me?

When groupies go depressed. Can you explain why you wrote all of this? Is every tech cd played out for you? Go listen to a album you havent heard for awhile to hold you over.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
what kind of promotion you really look for these days? most dont read magazines anymore. its gettin a lot of promotion on myspace/facebook sites etc. but they need to get the street promotion movin a little faster. what was the single? i thought take it off was a track that was unreleased and wont make the album

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
That certainly seems the case with Take It Off. Red Nose is the single, and they're already working on a video, so it looks like we might get it before the release date which would be better than we got for Killer and Misery Loves Kompany, so...

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
I heard the hold up is the fact they sat down and decided to retool their approach to this project. Instead of pressing it as an album, they're now thinking of scrapping the traditional idea and adopting one that fits the album. They're currently looking for a college in the area that will let them rent one of their classrooms for the duration for a semester. Instead of going and buying this 'album,' you will instead have to attend this class room to hear it. Tech will come into the room and recite the lyrics in front of the 'class,' much like he is teaching you.

Innovative concept, me thinks.
Lol, I know this is fake...but, since I'm coked-up..I have the urge to respond to everything with the quickness...

It IS Innovative..but it has fail and faulty written all over it..I'd srsly l-o-l non-stop if this actually would happen. If they can't get enough people to hit up a photo or vid shoot, you honestly think people would take this up?

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007
When groupies go depressed. Can you explain why you wrote all of this? Is every tech cd played out for you? Go listen to a album you havent heard for awhile to hold you over.
Lmfao, fuck nah. Def not a groupie...but last time I checked, this IS the Strange Music section...therefore, I can ask any question that pertains to SM. At least I think...if I'm not mistaken.

Plus, with all the bitching about off-topic threads...I pulled a shocker and posted something actually on-topic...

If anything, I'm questioning the fucking tactics Strange is using...so how about you go pretend your high post-count and join date coincides with your dick-size and shut the fuck up.

Nov 6, 2005
You guys need to chill. Ill put it this way, theyre aware of the slow speeds that have happened in the past, and they are doing... Correction, the promo squad is doing what they can to remedy the problem this time round. Wether they get it done 100% to your satisfaction isnt their main focus. Be patient, I see the same complaints as last time, or the time before that, floating around. And each of those times, your "cravings" were fixed. After the album drops, you will barely remember the complaints. Just be aware that they are aware, and not just sitting with their thumbs up their asses over there. Less bitching would do you all well.

Nov 14, 2002
I asked Britton, and he said he's basically in "hurry-up-and-wait" mode, while they finish the graphics and shit.
He says that EVERY time this subject comes up.

Oh, and does the east coast get any promo this time around? Or are we not doing that because they aren't touring here?

I need shit to sell on ebay.