CAMPING/HIKING/BACKPACKING

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2004
Where do you folks go camping? Especially in California. Any places you know that aren't crowded? When I'm in the bay i go to Henry Coe, crazy rugged and isolated, especially for being so close to San Jose.

Dec 9, 2005
Lake Camanche up near Stockton...more like resort camping...but still fun...not much shade tho.

Lake Berryessa...crackin ass spot...more of a party place than a getaway of nature.

May 16, 2004
5ive1en said:
Does Henry Coe have a lake to go fishing at?
Coe has numerous lakes and ponds for fishing, probably some of the best fishing in the state because you have to hike or backpack hella miles in which weeds out the weekend warriors and the old folks. Some of the ponds at coe are so isolated noone's fished there in years, which means the fish are plump as hell and fearless.

Dec 9, 2005
Yeah, I like Camanche...matter of fact I was there the week before last. A little too hot tho...was like 103 every day out there. But I like chillin in the lake. I like it there cause it ain't too rugged...LOL...I can't fuck with the whole wipe your ass with a leaf shit.

Apr 7, 2007
lake mendo sonoma and juss went to rollins lake it was coo to cant remember the last time i was at berryessa think i was little they all have nice size lakes to take boats out on or jetski's

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Fistacuffs said:
I'd love to do Half Dome, but the vertical cabled section scares the shit out of me.
I did that, it was coo....i like camping, but backpacking is kinda hard.....it is nice to be out where no other person is tho....I haven't gone camping in hella years tho

May 7, 2002
Fistacuffs said:
Coe has numerous lakes and ponds for fishing, probably some of the best fishing in the state because you have to hike or backpack hella miles in which weeds out the weekend warriors and the old folks. Some of the ponds at coe are so isolated noone's fished there in years, which means the fish are plump as hell and fearless.

Nice. I'll have to check it out. You catch anything out there?