Cameras (Budget Shopping)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 28, 2003
I've been doing graphics for quite a few years now, about 3 1/2. I just recently came in to some money to spend on anything that I need or want to get so I decided on getting a new camera for photography and creating cd covers.

Take into consideration I only have $300. That's definately a budget for cameras. Could I get some suggestions on good cameras for the price? I'd appreciate any help.

Feb 10, 2003
www.essqubed.com
$300 is a stretch for a high quality camera. You can probably get one of the more bossy 3 mp cams with that - i.e. Nikon 990. Olympus has some reasonably priced models too. I would recommend going bigger than that though, it is worth the extra money in the long run.

Jun 22, 2004
Yea what do u all think of using a nice 300$ digital camera to make an album cover? Would that be a bad idea cause if i put out an album ill have to be my own potographer, designer, producer (with some beats from a few camps), home studio, and everything else almost. So if u can imagine the pressure im under if i put out an album. But do u think a digital camera can get the job done?
-sam

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Pop into ur local Best Buy, have the sales person take a few pics with the various cameras, then make him print them on the portable printers. Act like you are going to purchase the warranty a.k.a. performance service plan or product replacement plan, and they will jump through hoops for you.

- Former Best Buy employee :cool:

Fuji S5000 Z would be the perfect camera for your needs and budget.

Check them on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50532&item=3846242213&rd=1

But you should be able to find them at most big electronics stores. Newer models are the S5100 and the S5500 w/ a larger image size but you'll spend more.

MOST IMPORTANT: make sure ehat your buying gives you all the manual features you'll need.