Buzz for Portland RaP Dying

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 22, 2005
In my eyes a few artists should have capitilized on tha lil Buzz we was getting fo a while and didnt release any records except Lifesavas and Nutz we need more quality music with less waiting periods jus my few cents

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
very good point, artists need to start focusing on recording a solid single that could blow up on a national scale instead of just paying for verses that make your record look more like a compilation then a solo CD.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
this isn't news.

the NW is a group of "i'm gonna do this" cats.

only 1/5 people puts out an album when they say they will...and that's being generous...it's probably closer to 1 out of 7 to 1 out of 10.

i've posted countless chances for cats to get FREE video's filmed and edited, advertising campaigns to be put together, free web design...

the NW (as far as rap music) is a bunch of bullshittin FAGGOTS for the most part. they just wanna act like a rapper and complain this area is weak...well, it's weak cause these faggots are wack and/or don't put out records when they say they will...

that way they can feel good cause they're a rapper...but nobody can hate on them for not selling SHIT......

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
very good point, artists need to start focusing on recording a solid single that could blow up on a national scale instead of just paying for verses that make your record look more like a compilation then a solo CD.
that's what divine legacy is doin...

they got the single out for "Crash." and there's a bonus track called Fallen.

no joke, if most cats on here read through the advertising campaign i made, they'd be 5 steps closer to not being worthless faggots. but that's cause i talked to local cats, and some cats who most people wouldn't think i'd be able to get ahold of.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Up-Front/Guaranteed Revenue will lead to hitting the release dates. As it is now, you'd be lucky as an artist to get 100 pre-orders. Imagine if that was 500+, guaranteed, on the day you dropped the album.

What we need is a facilitator/distributor, who's willing to put up a few grand here and there. And along with that--artists that can process in their mind that selling 1000 albums at $10 IS NOT FUCKING BETTER than selling 5000 albums at $5. Tell that that "I won't cheapen my music" shit to the bill-collectors when they come calling for your Visa, Mortgage, Cable and Electricity payments.

SYKO

Artist
May 4, 2002
the buzz aint dyin as far as im concerned...
you first gotta generate a buzz before you even THINK of droppin shit these days..
unless you comfortable makin music for your homies...people always tell me im bullshittin...hurry up and drop....blah blah blah..the way i look at it is...if im not comfortable with releasin sum shit...you FA SHO gonna be uncomfortable listening to it!!

i feel like now is the perfect time for me to drop...its been damn near a 5 kick...and people still stayin dedicated and got they ears open...why? cause they know what BRAND of music they will be getting. nothing unoriginal..recycled...and most definitly worth the wait....

i see alotta cats with 2 to 3 albums out and people dont know/ or took a chance to listen....im definitly not one of those people

we can all agree that the game is not the same anymore..dont think you gonna press up..hit the streets...and sell a few thousand based on what your cover looks like...u gotta have some type of following...unless ive heard about you...or are somewhat interested..i just look at these cds like "damn, another rapper" lol

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
unless you comfortable makin music for your homies...people always tell me im bullshittin...hurry up and drop....blah blah blah..the way i look at it is...if im not comfortable with releasin sum shit...you FA SHO gonna be uncomfortable listening to it!!
that song you did with byron with the auto tune was dope :) game somethin...i dunno the name but it's in my car....

i feel like now is the perfect time for me to drop...its been damn near a 5 kick...and people still stayin dedicated and got they ears open...why? cause they know what BRAND of music they will be getting. nothing unoriginal..recycled...and most definitly worth the wait....
do it!!!!!!!!!

unless ive heard about you...or are somewhat interested..i just look at these cds like "damn, another rapper" lol
exactly how i am.....i still get poeple walkin up to me tryina sell me shit liek that at random...it's always a "i dont' have any cash on me." even if i do....

Jul 29, 2008
I'll have to say this.. the region isnt as supported, so syko got a point. its really unfortunate.

Even growing up, you'd only see an artist putting out 1 or 2 albums..and then nothing.

But like anyone else, if the artists are good and have a good track record for making good shit.. i'mma support.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
the buzz aint dyin as far as im concerned...
you first gotta generate a buzz before you even THINK of droppin shit these days..

All i know....... Cutting Room Floor Syko Tracks + Mixing/Mastering + Replication = Profit. -- If this recession hadn't killed my pocketbooks, I'd be making that math a reality.

The Download Only stuff is nice, but Replication is where its at. Giving someone a CD-R is like handing them a picture without a frame.