buying/leasing a new car......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 9, 2005
I did a little bit of research, and I think that if you're type of person who doesn't drive a whole lot, and doesn't mind having a different car every couple of years...leasing is the way to go.

A few reasons why I like leasing better:

1. You never have to worry about maintenance, the car will never be more than 2 or 3 years old, and any problems you have can be serviced at the dealer, at their expense

2. You always have a new car, and not some 8 year old car you just finished paying off

3. The monthly payments are usually a lot lower, so more than likely you are able to get into something, that you couldn't afford had you bought the car

4. The down payments aren't as steep, usually they'll only require about 4 or 5 racks down, even on a lot of luxury vehicles.

The con to leasing IMO is that the milage is limited, usually around 12-14K a year, and you pay for each mile over the limit you go.

But really tho...leasing just looks like the all around better option IMO.

Dec 9, 2005
Sure you can't mod the car either...but shit...who needs to mod a new Lexus GS430 ? If you're talking like beat and what not, just make sure you're getting stuff that can be changed back.