Bunch of Seattle Dudes Prod by Jake One "Home" : The Song & The Video

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
From his White Van Music album there was that Seattle anthem on there. I haven't been posting but don't recall that song getting a lot of hype on here (maybe b/c it's on an out of town label?). What does everybody think of the song and the video? I think it's outstanding, one of the best songs I've heard from Seattle since spring of '05 when Crytical, Frame & a Loco double-disc dropped all w/in a month of each other. I am really excited about this song and just hope that Jake One continues to work w/ Seattle acts in the future:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psbSE5c0vJg

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Vitamin D, Note, Maneak B.....good verse. Ish rhymes almost exactly like Prodigy (Mobb Deep)...uncanny. He had the top verse, IMO. Being nitpicky....they all rhyme with multis, but other than Ish, didn't flip or switch it up that much. But other than linguistic/mechanics stuff (which is mainly personal preference)..... the song is tight. No complaints at all about the Video--it's solid. I'm feelin I might have to track down this album and buy it, so the song accomplished its purpose.

Apr 25, 2002
Vitamin D, Note, Maneak B.....good verse. Ish rhymes almost exactly like Prodigy (Mobb Deep)...uncanny. He had the top verse, IMO. Being nitpicky....they all rhyme with multis, but other than Ish, didn't flip or switch it up that much. But other than linguistic/mechanics stuff (which is mainly personal preference)..... the song is tight. No complaints at all about the Video--it's solid. I'm feelin I might have to track down this album and buy it, so the song accomplished its purpose.
A lot of good songs on there from both national & local acts, including the best flip of Willie Hutch's 'I Choose You' I've ever heard and that song has obviously been sampled dozens of times.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Damn that shit was fuckin sick. I'm sigging that shit.

EDIT: whos the dude that drops the line "I Read Seattle Times, I Watch Seattle News, I Hope Seattle Wins, I Watch Seattle Lose..." that verse is ridiculously sick.