Bucks unsurprisingly sign Bogut

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2002
www.google.com
Bucks sign Bogut to multiyear contract

July 1, 2005
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- The Milwaukee Bucks signed No. 1 overall pick Andrew Bogut to a multiyear contract Friday.

The 20-year-old Australian, who earned college player of the year awards at Utah, will participate in the Bucks' summer camp workouts and play in the Minnesota Summer League July 15-19, general manager Larry Harris said.

``This is a dream come true for me,'' Bogut said. ``I've worked extremely hard to get to this point and I'm honored to be a member of the Milwaukee Bucks organization.''

Terms of the contract weren't disclosed, but Bogut's agent, David Bauman, previously said he expected the 7-foot center to get around $4.2 million in his first year.

Harris said the team expects ``a long and promising career for him with the Bucks.''

Bogut joins a team coming off its worst record (30-52) in nearly a decade.

Harris now will focus on re-signing top scorer Michael Redd and other free agents, and hiring a replacement for coach Terry Porter, who was fired last week.
Damn 4.2 mil for his first year lucky ass bastard!!