Brotha Lynch Hung - Torment EP Initial Impressions Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I'm making this review as I listen for the first time.

01. Look (Intro) 00:48

Just a horror movie clip. NA/10

02. 31 Summers 03:17

Beat is okay, Lynch is spitting with a really bad lisp. Not really sure who is on the hook but I hate it. Sounds kinda like G-Macc but fairly sure it isn't. Lynch needs to go back to the dark sound. The production on this is trash but the verses are cool. 5/10

03. Running Back (Pt. 2) 04:52

Man, where the fuck is D-Dubb? I know this is Lynch's new R&B artists but he sucks and ruins the track. If you just swapped him with D-Dubb this track would be fire. Feeling the beat and slow spits. 7/10

There is a little bonus reprise hidden at the end of this track, while I hated the hook, it sounds good on it's own. Odd.

04. Running 03:40

This same R&B fucker again. Best verse by Lynch on the album so far. Beat fits Lynch quite well but this damn singing mutha fucka ruins the track. Hopefully someone cuts him off the track and puts that version out. 7/10

05. Sicc Sence 02:47

So you remember that little intro on Sicx's album that stole the beat from Final Fantasy 7? It's that same beat remixed and it sounds dope. Hella earie and fitting. Im feeling this one, Lynch is on point. I feel like this is his element. 8.5/10

06. Deliver 01:17

You probably already heard this one. It's coo, no complaints 7/10

07. Raw 02:14

Beat isn't my taste but it perfect for 2 lyricists to destroy. Crooked I comes coo, the hook is just some distortion sounds that come out of nowhere and it sounds sick, love it. Lynch verse is only 8 bars, I really wish he would have kept going for another minute or so. 8.5/10

08. Outro 00:18

Just a dial tone and Lynch promising to return.

Overall the takeaway: This release is okay. 7/10. There is a bit more to like here than there was on Bullet Maker. My issue is that I'm comparing Lynch to previous Lynch. I know what he's capable of and I feel like he's not pushing himself but rather clocking in like a 9-5 just to get a pay check. The R&B singer has to go. If you were to compare this to a lot of stuff out there you can really appreciate it for what it is. Rugged and Raw. The sound isn't very well produced and it's not flashy or sing songy like most of todays commercial rap. I appreciate that fact and at the same time hope Lynch's support can step it up. He still has some heat in him, sadly he's not breathing fire on this release.