Brotha Lynch Hung-Snuff Tapes (J'Sin review)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2008
www.soundclick.com

Album Artists: Various
Album Title: Snuff Tapes
Label: Madesicc

Overall Rating: :siccness::siccness::siccness:
Overall Thoughts: Madesicc is my favorite overall label. However I don't think that Lynch needs to release anymore albums like this. He's already established himself as a legend of the underground westcoast rap scene and there is no reason to put out mediocre albums. Especially after releasing classics like Season of the Sicc and Loaded. This is a step back for Lynch. I know he's trying to show case new artists, but some of these artists don't need to be on the mic.

1) Intro- No input

2) Frontline ft Bleezo, Skitzo, Devious-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this song sets the tone for the entire album. A layed back beat with an uptempo. Bleezo brings straight heat with tactful and on-point flows. This is a decent way to start an album.

3) I Don't Give a Fuck ft Brotha Lynch, COS- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This is a perfect example of someone using a beat that doesn't really match their style. I don't think that this beat has enough to it, to compliment an artist like Lynch. My overall thought of this song is that it's not that bad, but it doesn't jump out and catch me.

4) Runaway Love ft Brotha Lynch, COS, Twamp, Tye- :siccness: No, no, no... The beat was used on a song that could be considered an instant classic. There is no reason to use a mainstream beat like this on a hard-core underground mixtape. No one's verse amazed me.

5) Gunz Blazin' ft 2Scoops- :siccness: Ok so we got the point, 2Scoops is a gangster, but what else is he brining to the table. You have to be more than just a gangster with half-ass lyrics and flows to make it in this game. The beat was so-so, and 2Scoops is not that good.

6) Candi ft Brotha Lynch, Bleezo, SavSicc, Skitzo-
:siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Madesicc didn't improve from Snoop's version of this song, but they didn't mess it up either. Lynch and SavSicc have the best two verses on the song. This is one of the heat tracks on the album.

7) Out My Way ft COS- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I loved this beat from the first time I heard it on 2Pac's album. COS didn't too bad of a job on the song. COS's voice actually compliments the track. Still it's nothing above and beyond.

8) Baby Girl ft T Rush- :siccness: Again I don't know how this beat made it on a Madesicc album. Mixtape or not, it doesn't match. I don't buy Madesicc for soft ass songs like this. The only other place that I've heard T Rush is on SavSicc and Bleezo's album, and he wasn't that good their either.

9) Valley is Active ft Brotha Lynch, Tallcan, COS, Devious- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Brotha Lynch or Kurupt, Ok usually I would go with Lynch, but Kurupt killed this beat way better than Lynch. I can't see myself bumping the song over and over. Infact I won't even finish listening to it before I'm finished with the review...(done)

10) Baylyfe ft Twamp- :siccness::siccness: I wish I could own a label and just throw random ass, no talent rappers on a song and make some money off of it. The beat on this track is Ok, but I don't know about this dude Twamp, he seems like he could be Ok, but not more than that.

11) Huslin' ft Brotha Lynch, NoLove, Siccness- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: THIS IS THE BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM! This is the type of beat that they should have been using the entire album. Lynch and NoLove killed it with hard lyrics and good rhyme schemes. This is a slumper.

12) Ordinary Thugs ft COS, Ballin' Ass Dame, Tallcan, Hogg- :siccness: I got an idea, let's put some good artists with some garbage artists, and let's see what happens. Well here's what happens you get one sicc-mask. COS and Tallcan should have just stayed off of this song and left it up to the mediocre artists.

13) Easy 2 Shoot ft Brotha Lynch, Mally Mall, Phonk Beta- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: I don't know where this beat originally came from but it's tight. Lynch tears it up with the last verse, but Mally Mall brings heat with his verse too, and Beta's hook is not bad either. This is the kinda track that I was lookin' for.

14) Kicc Push ft Brotha Lynch- :siccness::siccness: I tried to like this song, because I'm one of the biggest Lynch fans around. Honestly I couldn't find what I wanted to. I see what he was going for, but it's an eastcoast beat that a westcoast legend is trying to spit to.

15) It's a Wrap ft Brotha Lynch- :siccness::siccness::siccness: This is a good song... If it's not a Madesicc beat it sure fooled me. Sounds like something straight from an authentic Lynch album. Lynch came straight on the verses.

16) Goodbye ft Greedy-
:siccness::siccness::siccness: The beat on this track is kinda basic, but Greedy's verse brought the song up to a 3. If you would have put anyone else on this song it would have sounded like crap.

17) Ready or Not ft Brotha Lynch- :siccness::siccness: This song is deep and Lynch was feelin' it, unfortunately I wasn't feelin' it as much. I don't think the beat really matched Lynch's vocals or flows.

18) Parlay ft Phonk Beta, D.Dub, T.A.- :siccness::siccness::siccness: To give it up to Beta, he knows what compliments his vocals and flows. This beat was not impressive to me, but D.Dub and Phonk Beta made it work. This is a pretty decent track.

19) No DJ ft Brotha Lynch- :siccness::siccness::siccness::siccness: Lynch or Lil Wayne? Well I gotta go with Lynch on this one. Don't get me wrong they are both equally as talented but I do like Lynch's verses a bit more on this song. The beat almost doesn't match Lynch but somehow he made it work.

20) Boom ft Brotha Lynch, DJ Kat- :siccness::siccness::siccness: I don't know what to think about this song. I've always thought that beat was really annoying but Lynch and DJ Kat brought the song out a little bit. Again I'm on the fence with this one.

21) Don't Cry ft Zagg- :siccness::siccness::siccness: Zagg's verses on this track are pretty tight, but the chorus sucks. I could have seen her featuring on the original, but her remix is really not all that good.