Brewing your own beer..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 4, 2006
Any of you guys brew your own beer?

I been contemplating the thought of doing it myself for a few days.

seen a few home brewing kits on eBay ...

Looks like I'm gonna start doing it as a hobby and when I get it right..

Free beer on me for the breh-goons!

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
One of my good friend's brother does and he makes some awesome beer. It's potent as fuck, like ranges from 7 to 9%, but not in an Olde E type tasting way though of course lol.

It looks like a fun hobby to have if you have the space. His is a little more elaborate than most I think but it takes up about half of a really big garage. I know he makes four different types of beers at once usually so you could probably make one with a lot less space needed.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I have extensive knowledge on this subject & would love to further discuss it with you. P drunk right now so I will get back to you at a later, more sober time. Good thread. Truth

Props: S.SAVAGE
May 4, 2005
2 of my homeboys do out here in the nw. alot of local brewerys.

my unk does the apple pie thing and this peach spirit that is like moonshine..but it tastes like eating a peach unlike a peach flavored syrup. dickhead dont give up no recipes tho.

operation been taking up his whole garage a few years now.

Sep 15, 2009
I've been brewing beer on and off for 2 years now. I'm just getting back into it so I'm a little rusty. If you're gonna start brewing, do yourself a huge favor and buy a kegerator and some corney "soda" kegs. You will understand why later, but to keep it short, it will be a pain in the ass cleaning and sanitizing 54 beer bottles every time the beer is ready to be stored. Each beer kit or batch makes 5 gallons which is about 56 (12oz) beers.

Also buy a chest freezer and a temperature control unit. You can find a used chest freezer on Craigslist for under $110. Temperature control unit is $40-50 on Amazon. These 2 items are KEY to ensure that your beer ferments at the right controlled temperature. Every beer ferments at a different temperature

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2006
I've had one of these home brewing kits unopened sitting in my garage for 2 years now, don't know if it's still good but ur more than welcome to have it breh.....
Take a pic...

The one I'm getting is a 3 gallon, comes with a CO2 tank...see pic above...

Sent from my SGH-T999

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Here's a pic of the home brewing kit I'm planning on buying...

Sent from my SGH-T999
DFresh tryin to lie to us all.

looks like this muh fucka is about to make weapons of mass destruction n shit.

Good thing your name aint Armen ( Legman @Legman ) or you'd have dept of homeland security knocking at your door LOL

Sep 15, 2009
Here's a pic of the home brewing kit I'm planning on buying...

Sent from my SGH-T999
I highly recommend getting a 5 gallon kit. I'm sure they have those 5 gallon kegs on there. Is that from Midwestsupplies.com? All or most beer ingredient kits are 5 gallon

Dec 4, 2006
DFresh tryin to lie to us all.

looks like this muh fucka is about to make weapons of mass destruction n shit.

Good thing your name aint Armen ( Legman @Legman ) or you'd have dept of homeland security knocking at your door LOL
ha ha ha Shea ... I'm trying to cook meth for the Sinaloa Cartel..

I highly recommend getting a 5 gallon kit. I'm sure they have those 5 gallon kegs on there. Is that from Midwestsupplies.com? All or most beer ingredient kits are 5 gallon
naw...it's a 3 gallon ..from ebay ..

Sep 15, 2009
What I'm saying tho is most beer kits (i.e. lagers, pilsners, stouts, etc) are pre measured to make 5 gallons. That 3 gallon keg and co2 tank is cool, but do you plan on bottling the other 2 gallons that won't fit in the keg? Or are you throwing it away after it ferments? Lol

Your best bet is to buy a used corny keg for $50 online and a used co2 tank as well. If you get the keg from a beer supply place like the Midwest site, it will be cleaned out good and in solid shape.

Remember that you still have to buy your fermenting buckets or glass carboy and other brewing supplies which will cost about $100

Just my opinion...

Dec 4, 2006
Pansas I was peeping the site you posted ..

a 5 gallon would be better ..

fermenting buckets? damn...you see..that's why I been reading about home brewing, I don't wanna jump into it right away. I'm gonna take my time reading first...

Sep 15, 2009
Lol breh, its more shit than you think it is. When I started I was just buying shit left and right. Your starter kit will usually be something like the following:

1 kettle (known as wert) it's a fuckin stew pot/turkey fryer lol
1 fermenting bucket
1 bottling bucket w/spiget
PBW cleaning solution
StarSan sanitizer
Thermometer
Hydrometer to measure alcohol content (aka gravity)
Siphoning tube

These are just your basic brewing supplies. If you're bottling the beer you have to buy a few other things and bottles. Like I said, it's waaay easier and much less work to keg your beer.

Then you have to go to a nearby store or online to buy your beer ingredients/ kit

Sep 15, 2009
I'll snap some pics of my equipment later and post them so you have an idea of what your set up will look like if you decide to go all the way with it. A heads up... once you start brewing regularly, you will become a beer snob and won't want bud light and cheap beer lol. The feeling you get when you taste your first good homebrew is similar to the first time you busted a nut without a rubber. Not quite as good, but it's up there

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
fuck it just go pinta style...and throw some bread,fruit,sugar,and fruit juice in a bag with some hot water...

let that shit rott(ferment) for a few weeks...and only drink the shit off the top...

if prisoners can get buzzed off that shit... imagine...what you could do on the street?

Props: Sicc Dawg