Boxing News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
lol what the fuck is a shitstick?
LOL, it's YOU.

ur asking which is more reasonable? neither(but Mayweathers opened the doors and is the reason a lot of fighters come up dirty today!)
Mayweathers request is the reason why a lot of fighters come up dirty today? LMAO! Out of the THOUSANDS of fights we've had since Mayweather first started talking about OSDT, how many fighters came up dirty after an OSDT? Remember, we're talking thousands of fights and hundreds of fighters. Good luck with that one.

but this is a huge fight and both had special demands that manny turned down cause he was scared of needles lol.
Again, Manny's demand was not unreasonable considering that Floyd had already came in and Manny would have to move up in weight. It is unreasonable for Floyd because the test is NOT a standard for boxing and Manny never faced accusations of steroids before, had never tested positive, etc.

I promised myself I wouldn't talk about this fight again until they signed a contract and ima stand by it. u can have at it shitstick lofl!
They're never signing a contract, shitstick. Manny should have just taken the test and we would have seen the fight. However, I'm not going to say that Floyds demands were justified because they weren't.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Heresy is a big Manny dickrider. Manny can do no wrong in his eyes.
I don't give a fuck about you or manny, bigfuck. As far as Manny doing no wrong, he should have taken the test, he should have shook Top Rank and he should stop being a hypocrite (when it comes to the religious stuff.) I don't worship manny like how you worship Floyd, dumb nigga.

You're a so-called clean boxer but you refuse random drug testing with a 14-day no test window and the biggest payday of your career. Manny turned down the Mayweather fight because of a tablespoon of blood and all the Manny fans and sideline hoes co-signed it for three years.
And I've said hundreds of times now that he SHOULD have just taken the test! How many different languages do I need to type it in? I don't know the language of bigfuckian (the language you speak) so teach me how to say it and I will.

That's until Peterson and Berto got caught and now they all act like they love random drug testing.
Before Peterson and Berto got caught (and both purposely taking shit is dubious from what I've read) I was saying that Manny should have taken the test. It all went back to when Tony posted that timeline. When he did that, I read it, dit a bit more reading, came back and said if the timeline is true and everything else I read is true, Manny and Top Rank dropped the ball. Eever since I've been saying Top Rank should be investigated. I said this years ago bigfool.

But they can't admit that Manny ducked random testing and Mayweather. All they say now is in hindsight Manny should've taking the test. LOL eat crow haters
While the demands are unreasonable, because Manny had never tested positive before and the accusations were without merit, he should have taken the test. The thing about you, is if someone who isn't a disciple of Floyd, and they say Manny ducked Floyd, you'll STILL call them bias.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
What if......Chavez beats Martinez .....and Ortiz beats Alvarez.....

Would he still be the greatest if he beat them all?

LOL @ fighting Amir Khan.......
Well neither of those will happen so I aint to worried. But why are u laughing about Khan? I think Khan is better than Ortiz and is a very good fighter. He may be a bit to over confident but dude got skills. Got Em!!

Chavez doesn't provide urine again?
I hope this problems gets resolved and they make sure it's clean against Martinez.
Wont matter! Got Em!!

Feb 3, 2006
I don't give a fuck about you or manny, bigfuck. As far as Manny doing no wrong, he should have taken the test, he should have shook Top Rank and he should stop being a hypocrite (when it comes to the religious stuff.) I don't worship manny like how you worship Floyd, dumb nigga.

And I've said hundreds of times now that he SHOULD have just taken the test! How many different languages do I need to type it in? I don't know the language of bigfuckian (the language you speak) so teach me how to say it and I will.

Before Peterson and Berto got caught (and both purposely taking shit is dubious from what I've read) I was saying that Manny should have taken the test. It all went back to when Tony posted that timeline. When he did that, I read it, dit a bit more reading, came back and said if the timeline is true and everything else I read is true, Manny and Top Rank dropped the ball. Eever since I've been saying Top Rank should be investigated. I said this years ago bigfool.

While the demands are unreasonable, because Manny had never tested positive before and the accusations were without merit, he should have taken the test. The thing about you, is if someone who isn't a disciple of Floyd, and they say Manny ducked Floyd, you'll STILL call them bias.
So you have a change of heart about drug testing three years after it was asked for by Mayweather. Great do you want a cookie?? You are a corny Manny cheerleader..

Feb 3, 2006
Roger Mayweather opens up on Twitter
June 21st, 2012

By Gareth Rees: Roger Mayweather has been a busy guy on Twitter today. He has been revealing his annoyance at comments made by his brother Floyd Mayweather Sr and what’s next for his nephew Floyd Mayweather Jr, as well as his respect for Andre Ward who he believes is the number 2 pound-for-pound fighter in the world.

Roger revealed he and rapper 50 Cent had visited his nephew today, who is currently in jail for assaulting his ex-girlfriend as he said he had given him the letters sent by fans; then later saying that Floyd was very appreciative of all the letters and pictures and that it was “keeping his spirits up”. Roger was obviously very frustrated at his brother following comments that Mayweather Sr made saying that Mayweather Jr. is slipping and he hopes he loses so he can train him. He went onto say that he had seen Mayweather Sr recently as he had come to the gym “acting like he owns the place”, which he said Mayweather Jr will not like.

Other than expressing his frustration about Mayweather Sr he did also talk about who Mayweather Jr will face next. After being asked by British fans about a possible fight with Kell Brook or Amir Khan, Roger Mayweather revealed that Brook won’t happen as he isn’t a big enough name, but did say the very little Mayweather Jr did talk about boxing, he would like to face Khan next. He also revealed Floyd Mayweather Jr does want Sergio Martinez, saying that Floyd said “if Sugar Ray Leonard can beat Haggler, he can beat Martinez”. He then changed his focus to Miguel Cotto who he claimed turned down an immediate rematch with Floyd Mayweather in early 2013, where he would have got a guaranteed $14 million.

Whilst Roger Mayweather paused on talking about Floyd Mayweather Jr’s future opponents he spoke about how highly he rates Andre Ward. Saying he doesn’t believe that anyone can beat Andre Ward at the moment, pointing out that Ward is only the second man to hold the Ring Belt at 168 and that he knows how to win. Returning to talk of future opponents for his nephew Roger said that Chavez Jr would never happen due to the size difference he has, but then gave a massive clue to what the future holds for his nephew. Roger said “We gonna get Alvarez first before we get Martinez, Floyd has been offered a crazy 3 fight deal by HBO Boxing, so watch this space”.

Now if what Roger has said about Floyd Mayweather Jr today is true, Floyd will be facing Amir Khan next (if Khan beats Garcia); followed by Alvarez and Martinez all on HBO for big money.
Manny should've took that $40 million. Mayweather is going to make some crazy money and add to his resume with this three fight run. While Manny off fighting Bradley and Marquez again. lol..

Jul 24, 2005
Sergio Martinez can’t let Chavez Jr. dictate the size of the ring
June 21st, 2012

By Dan Ambrose: If there’s one thing that WBC Diamond middleweight champion Sergio Martinez can do to help improve his chances of beating WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in their fight on September 15th, it’s for Martinez to make sure that the ring size is a normal sized championship ring and not the small ring that Chavez Jr. used to defeat Andy Lee last Saturday night in El Paso, Texas.

Being the champion, Chavez Jr., his promoter Bob Arum and trainer Freddie Roach, will likely try and push for a tiny ring for the Chavez Jr-Martinez fight in order to give Chavez Jr. a big edge in the fight.

The smaller the ring the easier it will be for the heavy-footed, plodding Chavez Jr. to cut off the ring on Martinez and force him into an inside fight like Chavez Jr. was able to do against Andy Lee. Martinez isn’t a great inside fighter like Chavez Jr. and he’s probably going to be outweighed by as much as 15 pounds at the minimum by Chavez Jr. on September 15th.

As such, it’s imperative that Martinez doesn’t let Chavez Jr. get a small ring in order for him to be able to trap Martinez. The fighters need to agree on a mid-level ring if there’s an issue. I can see this thing being an issue that caused a lot of problems in the negotiations because Chavez Jr’s team will, knowing they have a slow fighter with limited offensive skills on the outside, will likely be trying their utmost to get as small a ring as possible for him to have a better chance of beating Martinez.

Jul 24, 2005
Yuriorkis Gamboa Free From Top Rank Dispute, Free To Return To Action

By James Slater - Kept out of action for far too long due to his well-publicized wrangle with promotional outfit Top Rank, explosive featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa is at last a free agent; Top Rank having filed papers in federal court in Nevada dismissing its lawsuit against him.

This means that the superbly gifted Cuban star is now able to get on with his career, although it is not yet known for sure who the unbeaten fighter will sign up with. There is of course much speculation that Gamboa will sign up with Mayweather Promotions.. There was talk to this effect immediately after Gamboa's aborted fight with Robert "Bam Bam" Rios - Gamboa being spotted training at Floyd Mayweather's Las Vegas gym back in April. It will certainly be something of a shock if Gamboa signs up with another promotional team.

Still, the story of who it will be that Gamboa signs with should play second fiddle to the fact that the super-fast puncher is now on the verge of fighting again. A quite sizzling talent, I could pretty much care less who Gamboa signs up with, as long as whoever it is can get him the big, exciting fights. At age 30, Gamboa doesn't have any more time to waste. Craving the genuine super fights ( Gamboa has even talked about the possibility of his facing superstar Manny Pacquiao! ) the Cuban defector is sure he has what it takes to become an all time great.

For a while it looked like Gamboa's chance to prove his greatness might have been seriously hampered due to the lawsuit. Thankfully, for all fans of exciting, meaningful fights, Gamboa will soon be back on track.

There should be some buzz surrounding Gamboa's "comeback.

Jul 24, 2005
Boxer Alim dies after retaining title

By Lito delos Reyes
PhilBoxing.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2012

DAVAO City -- Reigning Mindanao Professional Boxing Association (Minproba) featherweight champion Ermelito "Job" Alim Jr. died two days after successfully retaining his crown via a unanimous decision last Tuesday in Rosario, Agusan del Sur.

Alim, 20, collapsed on the ring after he was declared the winner over challenger Ahl Grumo in their 10-round championship bout. He was immediately rushed to the hospital in Agusan but later transferred to Tagum City. The boxer, who made his first title defense, was again transferred to another hospital at the Southern Philippines Medical Center in Davao City last Wednesday.
But the doctors declared him already dead on Thursday morning at around 9 a.m.

"May pumutok daw na ugat sa kanyang leeg sabi ng doctor," said Allim's manager-trainer Vicente Adriano, who said that his boxer was not event hurt or hit by telling blows during the fight.
Alim even knocked down Grumo in the sixth round but slowed down in the next four rounds.

"Sumusontok pa rin si Alim pero hindi na masyado malakas," said the 65-year old Adriano.

Alim's elder brother Rosel also fought and won in the undercard by beating Grumo's younger brother Meljo.

Alim's body now lies in state at the Collado Funeral Parlor in Bangkal and will be brought to his hometown in Pangiao, Malita, Davao del Sur by his father Emerlito Sr. and their family and relatives.

"Sayang si Alim, he was already scheduled to fight on August 18 in the Kadayawan here," Adriano said.

The 5-foot-7 Alim had a 16 fights with only four loses and two draws with eight knockouts.

Games and Amusements Board (GAB) Davao Field Officer-in-Charge Jimmy Mata said a request for a financial assistance has already been sent to the Manila head office.

Mindanao Professional Boxing Association (Minproba) president Yollly Alfante said that they will also give a financial assistance to the family.

Alim's family are also hoping to get help from 8th World division champion Manny Pacquiao, who is now back in Sarangani Province.

Feb 3, 2006
Tarver Positive for Banned Substance After Kayode Bout

By Ryan Maquiñana

BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com confirmed information received Thursday afternoon that Antonio Tarver has tested positive for a banned substance following a postfight drug test administered by the California State Athletic Commission after his split draw with Lateef Kayode on June 2.

Steven Feder, Kayode’s manager, and CSAC chief inspector Che Guevara spoke about the matter on Friday morning.

“I’m aware of the situation, and I’m going to meet with Lateef this afternoon, and once I do we’ll come out with an official comment,” said Feder. “We’re just very surprised that someone of his stature would even take a risk and even do this. Neither one of us ever thought that someone at this level would ever do this.”

The issue of performance enhancing drugs has engulfed the boxing world in recent months.

Unified junior welterweight champion Lamont Peterson and former welterweight titleholder Andre Berto both failed tests administered by VADA, and had their respective bouts with Amir Khan and Victor Ortiz fall apart.

Random drug testing of blood and urine was initially a point of contention in preventing the biggest fight of this era from happening between archrivals Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao.

Both sides have debated on whether random drug testing should be administered by the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) or the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA). They have also disagreed on a cutoff date for testing before the actual fight.

With the spotlight now on a respected figure like Tarver—who must still be allowed his chance to be heard—this issue must come to the forefront of problems plaguing the sport. Rolando Arellano, manager of Ortiz, eloquently described the situation in an interview with The Ring’s Lem Satterfield.

“If you are reluctant to hire someone or something that's going to improve your sport and protect the safety of the fighter, then that's a problem,” Arellano said. “That's not what this is supposed to be about. The fighters are the essence of the sport. Without them, there's no managers, no promoters and no boxing content.

“So as a sport, we need to take care of the people who provide paychecks for all of us. If you're not looking out for the fighter, I mean, if that's the case, then that means that you're condoning potentially illegal substances for the purpose of the almighty dollar.”

A likely future Hall of Famer, the 43-year-old Tarver (29-6-1, 20 KOs), a current commentator for Showtime, discussed the recent controversy surrounding Julio Cesar Chavez’ prefight and postfight drug tests last week under the auspices of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulations on his Twitter account Thursday afternoon.

Tarver tweeted verbatim, “i've been through the drills of the dreaded drug testing, you'll have a better chance of eluding the FBI then some commisions [sic].”

Regarding Chavez, last week’s incident is not his first regarding drug testing. In 2009, he tested positive for using a diuretic, and in a much-publicized incident in February, the Texas commission inexplicably forgot to book a testing laboratory to collect samples from him following his WBC 160-pound title fight against Marco Antonio Rubio.

“It wasn’t your fault. It wasn’t the WBC’s fault,” Texas commission head Dickie Cole told Sulaiman in a video recorded by Rubio’s manager Julio Gudino III . “It wasn’t the fighters fault. It wasn’t nobody’s fault. I am going to blame Dickie for not having the dope people here.”

Ironically enough, the co-featured bout to Tarver-Kayode between middleweights Peter Quillin and Winky Wright was slated to have drug testing overseen by the United States Anti-Doping Agency—only for USADA to both call the agreement off mere days before the fight and destroy the collected samples .

Such programs administered by organizations like USADA and the recently established Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) go beyond the minimum standard of testing required by state commissions, the latter option of which was selected by Tarver and Kayode.

Peterson and Berto, however, pushed for VADA testing. In Peterson’s instance, the use of synthetic testosterone was detected ; the fighter maintains his innocence, arguing that his physician prescribed it. In Berto’s case, trace amounts of nandrolone were found in his test results, something that has called into question whether he intentionally consumed the banned substance or if contamination was involved.

Nevertheless, VADA has been embraced by junior featherweight titleholder Nonito Donaire and his nutritionist Victor Conte, the BALCO founder turned anti-doping consultant.

The pair announced last week on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that starting the day after Donaire’s July 7 unification bout against Jeffrey Mathebula, the fighter will make history by enrolling in a VADA-run program that will randomly test him year-round.

“It doesn’t matter what time, day, [or] location,” Donaire said. “I’m here, I’m fair, and I know I’m a clean fighter, and I think it’s good for boxing. It’s good for the whole sport that an athlete presents himself in an honest way, and not only that, but it gives credibility to my work with Victor.”

Mayweather was the first fighter to agree to random testing, but under the USADA banner for the weeks leading up to his bouts with Shane Mosley in May of 2010, Victor Ortiz last September, and Miguel Cotto in May.

“Whether Nonito has a fight or doesn't have a fight, he wants to go above and beyond anything Floyd Mayweather has done as far as drug testing goes,” Conte said. “This is going to be true Olympic-style 365/24/7 drug testing.”

Tarver made worldwide headlines for his shocking second-round knockout of then-pound-for-pound king Roy Jones Jr. in a 2004 rematch for supremacy at 175 pounds. Tarver also earned mainstream attention for his role as Mason “The Line” Dixon in the film Rocky Balboa.

With a bronze medal from the 1996 Olympic Games and wins in the pros over several former or current light heavyweight titleholders like Montell Griffin, Glen Johnson, and Clinton Woods, Tarver sought a move up in weight in 2010.

One year later, the southpaw from Orlando, Fla., captured a fringe title at cruiserweight over Danny Green before drawing with Kayode at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., three weeks ago.

lol. Milk dud had to juice the Kayode..