BOOKS??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 18, 2002
I've been reading alot lately and just jumped into some Noam Chompsky books, hes a GENIUS and if you ever needed to know about US imperialism...hes the author to read.

Bush in Babylon - Tariq Ali -- History of Iraq and the US involvement in the middle east. Good book.

Favorite Authors/Books/Subjects??

Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
When i read non-fiction i like to explore a lot of diffrent aspects and views of it. Like right now i am in the middle of Mein Kampf by adlof hitler. The book is fuckin long as shit, and it is hard to read cuz he was a horrible auther. However it does give you an insigt to his life and how he thinks. As far as fiction goes' Mario puzo, i have read quite a few of his books, and liked all of them.

Apr 25, 2002
Chomsky =

On imperialism . . .

U.S. imperialism at home:
  • Revolutionary Suicide by Huey P. Newton
  • Seize the Time: The Story of the Black Panther Party and Huey P. Newton by Bobby Seale
  • War Against the Panthers: A Study of Repression in America by Huey P. Newton

U.S. international imperialism:
  • Conflicting Missions: Havana, Washington, and Africa, 1959-1976 by Piero Gleijeses (about U.S. imperialism in Africa and Cuba's counter measures to it)
  • Che Guevara: A Revolutionary Life by Jon Lee Anderson
  • Shattered Hope by Piero Gleijeses
  • The Dominican Crisis: The 1965 Constitutionalist Revolt and American Intervention by Piero Gleijeses
  • Secret History: The Cia's Classified Account of Its Operations in Guatemala, 1952-1954 by Nick Cullather, Piero Gleijeses
  • Fire from the mountain: The making of a Sandinista by Omar Cabezas
  • The Massacre at El Mozote -- by MARK DANNER
  • All the Shah's Men: An American Coup and the Roots of Middle East Terror by Stephen Kinzer

Imperialist Theory:
  • Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism by Vladimir Lenin
  • Three Worlds Theory by Chairman Mao Zedong

Jul 7, 2002
Wireless Hacks by Rob Flickenger

Killing Hope
U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II
by William Blum

A People's History of the United States Howard Zinn

Hegemony or Survival by Noam Chomsky

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Nitro the Guru said:
That book sounds like it's full of hate and rage.

Didn't you say that in another thread a long time ago?!??!?!?!?!? :rolleyes: Yeah man it's full of rage. Some BRUTE niggers/negroes raping pretty blue eyed white women because of negro slavery. Oh yeah they talk about robbing lil ole white women because they can't find a job because "the man" wants to hold them down........

:hgk:

Apr 25, 2002
KrypticFlowz said:
@Coldblooded

Whats bad about Chompsky? I heard he's pretty good.

I don't like his views on some things and i especially don't like when he allies him self with the neo-cons &/or the U.S. government in general.

The role of intellectuals is to clarify the major issues and define the major threats to peace, social justice, national independence and freedom in each historical period, as well as to identify and support the principal defenders of the same principles. Intellectuals have a responsibility to distinguish between the defensive measures taken by countries and peoples under imperial attack and the offensive methods of imperial powers bent on conquest. It is the height of cant and hypocrisy to engage in moral equivalences between the violence and repression of imperial countries bent on conquest with that of Third World countries under military and terrorist attacks. Responsible intellectuals critically examine the political context and analyze the relationships between imperial power and its paid local functionaries who they describe as "dissidents" they do not issue moral fiats according to their dim lights and their political imperatives.

He doesn't.

Mar 24, 2005
Mr. Samos said:
Nice. The movie depicting the bands life and most importantly Jim's life was really good, check it out if you haven't already seen it. "The Doors"

ive seen the movie...it was good but the book is more indepth on shit that you see in the movie cuz i was confused about alot of shit happening in the movie but it explains everything from beginning to end in this book...check this out if your into it...

Dec 25, 2003
So where the fuck would you please sycophant neointellectual dribble like Robert Nozick or pgramatist philosophers?

The role of politically aware intellectuals, I'd say...not necessarily the intrinsic role of "the intellectual".

Dec 25, 2003
Mandatory social activism bullshit....

Much of our great knowledge comes from people locked in their rooms doing inane shit all day who stutter when they talk to people - people who I would definitely call intellectual.

Sep 28, 2002
All I read all day are text books I cant think of the last "book" I read. Manufacturing consent is good I thought very insightful, Chompsky maintains relevance to me because he gets to the real meaning behind the words that people speak.