Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
What's your thoughts on their new released album?

I copped it the day of release, and so far I could hear the growth of creativity and efforts they've put into this album. It's truly worth buying. Gift-of-Gab continues to do what he does best, spitting eargasms through the radio waves, clean punchlines & metaphores as usual...and they've featured some cool gems onto the album. ?uestlove from The Roots, Jaguar Wright, Gil Scott Heroin and the list goes on...

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I think it's a solid release, I'm not the biggest fan of Blackalicious, but I respect their skill to the fullest...I think that Nia was a little better overall, I wasn't really feelin all the singing that was on Blazing Arrow. Mark my words, in a few months folks won't talk about this album that much. since these are droppin:
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Mr. Lif - Emergency Rations
MF DOOM - Victor Vaughn

May 10, 2002
M-1 said:

El-P - Fantastic Damage
MF DOOM - Victor Vaughn
I'd have to look out for that then... I'm really lookin' forward to Dead Prez's release of their sophmore album and I've been wondering what's really with The Coup??

On another can of worms, Common & Mos Def's upcoming releases should knock some heads over and I hope it doesn't let me down like Lauryn's Unplugged joint...but we won't go there :rolleyes: lol. Anyhow, M-1 I will look out for these kats ya naming up above and give it a listen because I've never heard of 'em before. Peace y'all.

SK

Apr 25, 2002
Blazing Arrow is a tight disc...lovin that song "Brainwashers" with Ben Harper...the best song on the album.

7.5/10 for this album...very,very good pickup for $11.99

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
ABOUT BLAZING ARROWS

I am listening to this album right now. This group has a has a vintage Bay Hip Hop sound . Reminds me of The late 80-early 90's sound(ie. Saafir, Twisted Mind Kids, Bored Stiff, Hobos, Planet Asia-Rasco, Hobo Junction, Heiro etc...). Gift of Gab has a KRS tinged voice, and a real abstract flow reminiscent of old Native Tongue music. Alot of the time, you feels he's rapping at you instead of to you, which could hurt him. The production is real experimental. It is purposely off kilter which is perfect for Gift of gabs flow patterns. Especially that Calistenincs song. This album reminds me of listening to Kevvy Kev on 90.1 Stanford on Sundays 6-9pm, or Davey D's or the old San Jose State show . You have to go into this cats world to grasp this album. This album definitely has a acquired taste. I dig the track with Gil Scott Heron also. I give the album a 6.5/10
You'll have to be in the mood to go really far out.

May 10, 2002
Re: ABOUT BLAZING ARROWS

MR. CLEEN said:
I am listening to this album right now. This group has a has a vintage Bay Hip Hop sound . Reminds me of The late 80-early 90's sound(ie. Saafir, Twisted Mind Kids, Bored Stiff, Hobos, Planet Asia-Rasco, Hobo Junction, Heiro etc...). Gift of Gab has a KRS tinged voice, and a real abstract flow reminiscent of old Native Tongue music. Alot of the time, you feels he's rapping at you instead of to you, which could hurt him. The production is real experimental. It is purposely off kilter which is perfect for Gift of gabs flow patterns. Especially that Calistenincs song. This album reminds me of listening to Kevvy Kev on 90.1 Stanford on Sundays 6-9pm, or Davey D's or the old San Jose State show . You have to go into this cats world to grasp this album. This album definitely has a acquired taste. I dig the track with Gil Scott Heron also. I give the album a 6.5/10
You'll have to be in the mood to go really far out.
haha... Kevvy Kev on 90.1 Stanford...heeeeeyyyyyy I remember him too. If you don't mind me asking, where about in P.A. do you reside? I was raised up in the Village and then left to do bigger and better things here in San Jose just 3 years ago. I don't see many people online/forums from P.A. very much...

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
SO YOU A EPA RESIDENT???

I'm from Flooda State right across from the Vill... I don't know if you've heard of Mac & A.K. but i'm Mac from Mac & A.K.

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
YEAH.... I BET THEY KNOW

I got two albums in the store. One called WestBound(For Riders Only) and one called MONEY RHYMES(That's the new one...) Available at Rasputins..... Single wit E40 on the radio in a couple weeks.

May 10, 2002
SOUNDS GOOD

MR. CLEEN said:
I got two albums in the store. One called WestBound(For Riders Only) and one called MONEY RHYMES(That's the new one...) Available at Rasputins..... Single wit E40 on the radio in a couple weeks.
Okay, I definitely will cop ya joint this afternoon during my lunch and give it a listen, without a doubt. I was just @ Rasputin over here @ Campbell (Bascom Rd.) copping Mystics album again, but that's another can of worms...

Off subject a bit, what happened to Neva Legal and that one kat Young Life?

MR. CLEEN

Apr 25, 2002
BOUT NEVALEGAL....

Two of the cats is in the Pen. They got a finished album but they probably won't drop it. Once they get out, they will regroup and do they thing. Young Life dropped a album last year.

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
M-1 said:
I think it's a solid release, I'm not the biggest fan of Blackalicious, but I respect their skill to the fullest...I think that Nia was a little better overall, I wasn't really feelin all the singing that was on Blazing Arrow. Mark my words, in a few months folks won't talk about this album that much. since these are droppin:
El-P - Fantastic Damage
MF DOOM - Victor Vaughn
IM HELLA LOOKIN PHORWARD TO THAT EL-P...ABA