Black Mikey album review for Mixerr Album Reviews.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mixerr

Mixerr Reviews
Nov 17, 2012
Austin, Texas, US
www.facebook.com
Check out this Black Mikey album review for Mixerr Album Reviews which is a sub-series for the Mixerr Reviews series. Which will be posted later today if I get time.

Mixerr Album Reviews #66

This is Michael Mixerr. Today I will do a review on the We Drop Bombs EP/album by Black Mikey. This was released in 1998/2000 on Filtered Souls Entertainment, Filtered Souls Records, and Skyline Records.

We Drop Bombs is basically a freestyle song which is exhibiting Black Mikey's lyrical skills. This song is produced by Filtered Souls (E-Low & Shysti). Which is first single on the album. (We Drop Bombs was the B Side to the Gimmie single.) Black Mikey displays his Reggae style voice which he was well known for in the 90s in San Diego (SESD). Pacific Coast Niggaz features Big Maine who was signed to the same labels (Skyline Records and Filtered Souls) as Black Mikey. Black Mikey and Big Maine exhibit their freestyle skills on this song which deal with issues such as east and west coast rivalry. On the song Gimmie, Black Mikey talks about greed, jealousy, selfishness, envy, and how some people can be on some "gimmie!" or "can I get?" tip. He's tired of people putting his bidness (business) in the mix. He's sick and tired of this Jerry Springer bullshit. The song Gimmie introduces life characters such as Gimmie (Mr. Gimmie Can I Get), Michelle The Playahatress, Jealousy, and Envy. This is a song in life that all everyday people can relate to.

I rate this EP/album, We Drop Bombs, 5/5*****.