BIZZY BONE V.S. KOCH RECORDS!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Koch records, a New York City based record label has recently signed, Bizzy and Layzie Bone two members of the previous hip-hop / rap group Bone Thugs and Harmony. To produce the new album labeled ‘The Bone Brothers’.

Now presented is a situation in which Koch Records is refusing to pay the artists for the work they have completed for the record label in the amount of $33,000 being owed to Bizzy Bone for the recently complete album.

Koch Record agreed to pay Bizzy Bone $33,000, but what they neglected to tell the artist is that they were required to take a fee of $25,000 for the mixing and mastering of the album.

What the label is trying to do is just plain out unfair to the artist because of the agreement they had prior to the recording of the album.

So, $33,000 minus the fee leaves a total of $5,000 that the label is willing to compensate that artist with, which is just absurd.

Being a major label, Koch Records should know how to handle situations of this nature accordingly; instead of handling this properly the label is acting as if they do not have the knowledge to handle the discrepancy.

Koch Records is setting a very poor example of themselves not to mention those who have been approached by the label or who already have signed with the label. Now, this leaves Bizzy Bone.

He is not about to sit back and let Koch records take advantage of them, as they should not. Bizzy Bone is a veteran to the Hip Hop community, being a part of this industry for over a decade, putting out numerous albums with Ruthless Records, and having had many number one hit songs. There is no reason that they should have to tolerate the treatment they are receiving from this label.

The label is deliberately refusing to pay the amount originally agreed upon. Therefore the only option left for Bizzy Bone is to seek judicial action against Koch Records. Which in the entertainment industry is something that no one wants to have to deal with.

Contacting rap artist Bizzy Bone’s PR agent at J&M Entertainment in regards to this press release we learned “This is a factual pres release from J&M Entertainment, straight from Bizzys mouth. After the long recording KOCH has failed to release funds to Bizzy. Once the funds have been paid we will release another press release to clear the name of KOCH Entertainment. Thank you for contacting me in regards to this news”.

Questions directed to Koch representatives went unanswered.

May 2, 2002
poor B.. this is old news, but poor B. 33 thou? this dudes got so much talent, its ridiculous. it boggles my mind that this man isnt signed to the biggest label in the country...

Oct 8, 2004
www.soundclick.com
fuccc Koch....
they need to pay Bizzy....
well i know that;s one label no rappers should fuck wit ever....

it;s like they dumb ain;t nobody gonna wanna sign to em now....
if they just out to fuck rappers.....

Also if they don't pay Bizzy they are just greedy...
i heard Koch is worth hella money....
they need to pay what they owe..

Feb 8, 2003
40ozThugsta said:
it;s like they dumb ain;t nobody gonna wanna sign to em now....
if they just out to fuck rappers.....

WRONG

Its funny how Chopper City Records (B.G.'S LABEL) and Diplomat Records (Jim Jones & Cam'Ron Label) is getting paid from Koch with no problems. Maybe Bizzy & his lawyer didn't go over the contract properly before they signed.

Oct 14, 2004
Bizzy is in a bad way. I heard that he was sleeping at bus stations and shit. They had him on a radio station out here and he sounded out in space its a shame.

Feb 8, 2003
Rob S4 said:
Bizzy is in a bad way. I heard that he was sleeping at bus stations and shit. They had him on a radio station out here and he sounded out in space its a shame.

You must be in Ohio too Fam? Bc I heard the same Bizzy interview on the radio some weeks ago.

Oct 8, 2004
www.soundclick.com
Cesolito #1 said:
WRONG

Maybe Bizzy & his lawyer didn't go over the contract properly before they signed.
THen maybe bizzy should fire this lawyer for fuckin up... i mean he needs someone who gonna do his paper work right...
not someone who's gonna let him get jacked so easily..
either way it;s fucked up they don;t wanna pay.. :siccness:

Feb 8, 2003
40ozThugsta said:
THen maybe bizzy should fire this lawyer for fuckin up... i mean he needs someone who gonna do his paper work right...
not someone who's gonna let him get jacked so easily..
either way it;s fucked up they don;t wanna pay.. :siccness:

The thing about it I don't think he was ever signed to Koch. Wasn't it just a one album distrubution deal for Bone Brothers?

Feb 23, 2003
Cesolito #1 said:
The thing about it I don't think he was ever signed to Koch. Wasn't it just a one album distrubution deal for Bone Brothers?
YEP IT WAS.. I WONDER IF LAYZIE GOT PAID..