Bitcoins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 24, 2003
theres a couple threads lurking around in the detox i think about the 'deep web' and people using bitcoins to purchase drugs and shit

i dunno if there was anything in either of those threads that had to do with normal transactions, pretty sure there wasnt. i dont think its been brought up other than that. hopefully someone else knows and helps better than i just did lol

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Jan 9, 2009
I know we have a bunch of pretty tech savvy people on here. Any people using bitcoins? I'm looking at it more in terms of an investment oppertunity (no monte) than as a way to carry out financial transactions.
lol....

Adding to the recent spate of hacking is the presence of a Trojan targeting Bitcoin, the two-year old virtual currency platform.
Unknown hackers are reportedly targeting the digital wallets, sucking off all the cash from there. The Trojan, according to reports, is believed to have just one motive – that of locating the user’s Bitcoin wallet (bitcoin wallet.datfile) and mail it to the hacker. The Trojan seems to be active on various versions of Windows, stated Stephen Doherty from Symantec.

Symantec, in their blog post strongly recommended that the Bitcoin users encrypt their wallet, as also pick a very tricky password so as to keep their accounts safe. It was in this week only that a Bitcoin user, known as ‘allinvain’ (handle name) discovered that his Bitcoin wallet had been hacked, and he was poorer by $500,000.

p.s. that bitcoin trojan works . very effectively

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
speaking of monte, he sure did turn ghost after chreep took him up on that offer to fight for money lol