Billy Ray Cyrus Releases Hip-Hop Sequel to 'Achy Breaky Heart'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Billy Ray Cyrus, the singer behind the ubiquitous 1992 country hit "Achy Breaky Heart," resurrects the country earworm with the help of rapper Buck 22 in the bizarre video for the rapper’s track "Achy Breaky 2."

Billy Ray Cyrus Says 'Hannah Montana' Destroyed His Family

The video opens with Larry King cautioning viewers that there’s been an "unidentified flying object seen transcending over Europe" and gets weirder from there. There are scantily-clad, twerking aliens. The rapper exclaiming that, "It happened 'cause I happened to meet up with Billy Cyrus." An EDM-lite beat anchoring that hook you spent years trying to extricate from your memory.

Buck 22 may not be a household name, but he comes from an impressive musical pedigree. The son of jazz drummer Bill Elliott and veteran pop/R&B singer Dionne Warwick, the rapper explained in a statement how the bizarre pairing came to be.

"I asked [Billy Ray Cyrus] if he would mind if I could take a crack at remaking 'Achy Breaky Heart' and he looked at me for a moment, and said 'lots of people have tried already, but go for it.' He didn't have a clue that I had already gone into the lab and cooked up a demo of what I thought would be a fun EDM/hip-hop styled version, which at the time only had a sample from the original of his voice. He liked what he heard and, weeks later, arrived at the session to record this track."

song sucks, but they hired some talent for the vid