Biggie Out-boned Bone?!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.nightshield.net
Am I the only one sick of hearing this? I always hear how Biggie took Bones style and flipped it better than them on the classic "Notorious Thugs" from the Life After Death album. Now BIG did rip it, classic verse from dude, but better than Bone? I dont think so. Bizzy & Krayzie both killed that shit too. Am I the only who thinks this?

Feb 27, 2005
Night Shield said:
Am I the only one sick of hearing this? I always hear how Biggie took Bones style and flipped it better than them on the classic "Notorious Thugs" from the Life After Death album. Now BIG did rip it, classic verse from dude, but better than Bone? I dont think so. Bizzy & Krayzie both killed that shit too. Am I the only who thinks this?

if u talk about the AK-47 flow initiated by Bones, everybody tried to flow like him at least 1 time(even NAS)...BIGGIE was aware of that and did a tribute when rhymin with him...i see it like that.

May 25, 2005
Ive always said thats one of the stupidest statements ever made. Biggie came real tight, but were the people who said this listening to Bizzy and Krayzie on that track, or were the too busy swingin off more nuts?

Nov 14, 2006
^^^Me Neither. I see Biggie flow more as a tribute too. Bone commented on this in XXL mag, "That was the first time that somebody flippin our flow was an honor. Everything before that was like, 'These niggas ain't givin us our props!' But when Big did it, that was flattering. The reigning king of New York did our flow!" Bone also said they didnt hear his verse until the cd came out and Biggie already passed. So they see it as a tribute too

Nov 14, 2006
I agree its a good mix but none of those are Hip Hop mags. Hip Hop cds need a btter rating system like the 5 mics used to be before The Source lost all its credibility with their WE HATE EMINEM CAMPAIGN(canceled my subscription cuz of that shit.) XXL is alright but we need something better. Gettin way off topic now. maybe i should just start a new thread

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i swear i read in XXL, or another mag like that, when they were doing a 10 year anniversary thing for big, that he out-rapped bone on that song. i can find it and post the exact quote later. i feel that if anyone actually thinks that, thats because they were already huge biggie fans anyway, and basically just are idiots.

May 11, 2002
Classic Track............

I remember reading an article with Puffy or Junior Mafia, and they tell the story when they recorded that track.

From what I remember, Bone showed up with a case of Hen and drank the whole dame case up between them. Bizzy passed out in the car before he got his verse done. They went out and woke him up, he came in laid down his verse and passed back out.

May 30, 2006
Night Shield said:
Read any review ever on the Life After Death album or any mention of that song in any national publication ever. I just get sick of hearing that all the time...
And those articles your reading are from biased NY mags. Hell the Source & XXL rated Biggie as the greatest MC ever.

May 25, 2005
DubbC415 said:
i swear i read in XXL, or another mag like that, when they were doing a 10 year anniversary thing for big, that he out-rapped bone on that song. i can find it and post the exact quote later. i feel that if anyone actually thinks that, thats because they were already huge biggie fans anyway, and basically just are idiots.
Yep i got it somewhere at home and thats where i got it from too the first time i heard that. Made me fuckin laugh!

Aug 4, 2002
They say that cuz he died(r.i.p.). Everyone knows that when a rapper dies they automatically dickride them, it just so happens that Biggie was the hottest thing poppin' out here at that time, so that's why he receives so much "love".