Between The Buried And Me

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 30, 2005
This is such a sick fucking band. Their music is concentrated insanity. Their vocalist constantly flips through several tones. You would be certian it was 3 or 4 diffirent people going off in a political debate the way the transissions take place. The guitar work is simply amazing, there are musicions who play all their life and would never be able to cover any of BTBAM's songs. They change from intense grind to blast beats to beautiful mellow breaths of relief all without a single pause. I suggest everyone check out their 8 song self titled debut cd. If you like heavy music, you'll love it. If you like technical guitar riffs you'll love it, if you like complete chaos you'll love it, if you like anything harder then britney spears or atreyu you'll love it.

They have 2 full length albulms:

Between The Buried And Me
The Silent Circus

as well as a soon to be released third LP titled "Alaska"

well worth checking out.

mp3's

Mordecai
More Of Myself To Kill
Fire For A Dry Mouth

video

More Of Myself To Kill

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Well your "quick" review was interesting enough that I just might check these ones out... I gotta wait for ppl to leave here at work first though :( Prolly around 4 MN/Central time.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
I have not checked them out yet, honestly I really want to I've just been so damn busy lately w/ work, but I plan on staying after today so I'll peep them then and let ya know what I think.

Jul 30, 2005
Alaska is breath takingly amazing. I think track 4 from it "selkies: the endless obsession" is the best song of 2005. If you like either of their 2 albums you will love this one. They didn't hold back at all, this album is a masterpiece. The guitar work on this albulm is rideculous. They infuse melody after melody. The only thing that some may complain about is it's not as chaotic as the silent circus. The chaos is still constantly there, but it's more structured. They still have the spazz drumming and flip through riffs 100 mph.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
hmm, reminded me a lot of like Slayer or some shit the way they scream like that. I like the instrumental part of the songs but that screaming shit gets to me after a while. It wasn't bad though... I've definately heard worse. Give Cory Taylor a verse to rip w/ them guitar riffs/drumb beats and I bet it would be a number 1 hit.

Jan 18, 2003
www.kwprecordz.com
I suppose that the screaming can be an acquired taste for some...BTBAM is quite a bit different from Slayer, although I can see where you made the connection. But as far as Cory Taylor, fucc that. I aint into his voice or style. Everybody got their own tastes tho. Give BTBAM some more time, it might grow on you.