Better album: Young Black Brotha or Illegal Business?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 27, 2004
YBB is hands down Dre's best cd and one of the bay's best solo albums but Mac Mall's Illegal Business is ridiculous. Khayree produced both and is the main reason Dre, Mall, Ray Luv, and Dubee's first couple cd's are classics. I can't decide which cd is better and I was wondering what everyone else thought.

Nov 10, 2002
This shouldn't even be a question. Illegal Business, damn it! That album nears perfection. YBB's tight no doubt, don't get me wrong, but Dre can't see Mall on the mic.. Plus the phone-quality raps just don't cut it.

Sep 27, 2004
Illegal Business shits on I hate you with a passion and anything dre dog has ever done Chuck Taylor. No way is Untouchable close to Illegal Business. I'd rank Forever Hustlin as the 3rd best release from YBB with Dubee aka Sugawolf as nuber 4. Wack and Dangerous is one of the weakest YBB releases, I don't know why Khayree wasted his time with Young Lay, the only good songs off that one are Sic Set, All About My Fetti and Got 2 Survive. You can play Illegal Business all the way through but YBB has too many interludes and the songs from jail sound kind of weak.

Jun 2, 2002
Illegal business shits on any album mentioned in this thread so far....

dont get me wrong, YBB and forever hustlin are knock too.

i like young black n dangerous and untouchable, but they're not on the same level....

Camby, i cant believe you even brought up IB2000 in this thread, get out of here with that shit.

Sep 3, 2004
Illegal Business is UNTOUCHABLE 9.9/10!!

Untouchable is an excellent album as well 9/10

YBB is very good but like somebody said the interludes and prison songs take away from the album 8/10

AKA Sugawolf is good but i dont like it as much as everybody else 7/10

Black N Dangerous was solid and it has one of the best songs of all time Got 2 Survive 7.5/10

Forever Hustlin probably has the best beats of the YBB releases but Ray Luv is not as tight on the mic as Mall or Dre 8.5/10

IB2000 is a lot better than most people give it credit for, theres 3 or 4 songs that are among Mall's best ever 7/10

The Blackalation is very musical and straight from Khayree's heart but its not my style, Elevate Your Game is another one of the best songs of all time 6.5/10

Aug 20, 2004
DJ Mark 7 said:
Both are tight....

But the TIGHTEST YBB RELEASE is DEFINETLY Ray Luv's "Forever Hustlin"!!!!
Mark....truer words have never been typed by your fingersThis album is the most colmplete album through and through....and my personal all-time favorite album EVER..thats right muthafuckas....i said it!!!!

May 24, 2004
I believe that they are both amazing albums and truly works of art. You have to ask which has the greater impact through the years and it clear that YBB has been more influentiual and even the interludes and prison songs add to the albums power years after it's realese. I can say however without any reservation that I have yet to really find two albuums that I can still bump till this day and make me a fan all over again. The jail raps were what they were and they are historic. Just imagine the vision that was lost in this album due to Dre being in jail. YBB is the conerstone of Vallejo rap that was the begining of one of the brightest moments in rap. The YBB era.