Best R&B artist ever???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2008
Whenever I think of R&B I always think of Boyz II Men. They are legends!!!! You can't deny that they had some of the greatest vocals and songs out of any other R&B group. So I was extremely excited to hear that they released a new album. Its on sale at Amazon right now and I just ordered mine. Have any of you heard the album yet. What do you guys think?

http://bit.ly/BIIMLove

Da Gu

Sicc OG
Apr 10, 2006
R. Kelly in my opinion cuz he always coming with that smooth shit but at the same time, he singin sum hard ass shit.

Nov 15, 2005
All of the artists mentioned in this thread so far are really good. I haven't heard the new album by B2M but I've heard it wasn't that good from a few people.

My fav R&B artist as of now is Ryan Leslie.

Mar 16, 2005
Whenever I think of R&B I always think of Boyz II Men. They are legends!!!! You can't deny that they had some of the greatest vocals and songs out of any other R&B group. So I was extremely excited to hear that they released a new album. Its on sale at Amazon right now and I just ordered mine. Have any of you heard the album yet. What do you guys think?

http://bit.ly/BIIMLove
they havent had anything good in awhile, 3 of thier last 4 (including newest) are nothing but them signing others old songs.

Nothing original etc... have lost alot of respect for them!

Oct 6, 2008
When you ask who are the best R&B singers of all time. You really have to ask what era.

Motown Era: It had to be Marvin Gaye, Jackson 5 and the Temptations. (Diana Ross and Gladys Knight gotta be in there too)

As far as "newer" early '90's R&B to current acts: I'm a say Keith Sweat, Mariah Carey, R. Kelly and Usher.

Sorry Akon and T-Pain..

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
The lost me round the 2nd album in 94' gettin 2 soft. The 24 hr a day overkill from radio didn't help much either lol. As far as the best R&B ?

Issac Hayes

Otis Redding

James Brown

Bobby Womack

Feb 8, 2003
I thought dude was talking about recently. I dont believe in there being only one single best artist of all times thats bullshit bc thats not even possible bc so much great music came out. dude who made this thread id just a spam artist or a boyz to men mark.

but
Shit if we gonna high jack this thread and talkabout some of the best r&b singers then dont forget to add Babyface, lionnel richie, willie hutch, charlie wilson, michael jackson, stevie wonder, stephanie mills, alexander o neal, cherelle, barry white, elvis presley, eddie kendrick, mary j blige, el debarge, howard hewit, whitney houston, rick james, teena marie,