Best produced Sac album

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 13, 2017
Cali
As far as classic gfunk/mob/sinister production, what do you guys view as the top produced sac albums? I think most agree that sots had stellar production. What else stands out?

Creative Differences- Top 5 album outta Sac imo
Ghetto Blues- I feel like this album is slept on
4tray block & Drifta- I think many people have not heard this, but Nico is a damn magician.
Old E and Redrum- Exemplifies dark Sac production.

I feel like ive heard about 98% of the shit outta sac, but if im missing a dope sleeper album, I want to go back and peep it. Post producer credits if you know who produced it

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
I don't associate g-funk with Sacramento music.

That being said, I think that the obvious pick is Loaded.the way the skits, and samples and beats blend together, it really has no equal.

My personal favorites are troubled mind and setrippin bloccstyle.

By the way I love Hollis beats, he laced vengeance is mine, which is all around one of raided's best projects.

Apr 25, 2002
i dont associate Sac shit with g-funk. but, the earlier shit Lynch did, 24 Deep/Psycho Active played with samples like ATL and NWA and South Central Cartel did. that was before g-funk was even a word. i dont even consider Gangsta Dre - Mandatory Murder a g-funk beat. that was some dark grimey Sac shit. it was a Zapp/funk sample but that shit was slowed down to make it grimey as fuck.

Apr 25, 2002
i consider post 93ish Sac shit as mobb. the melody and the bass really make it mobb. its dark. kinda like Frisco shit. alotta Frisco shit was dark, but some was funky but still mobb. the first RBL was more like g-funk. it seems like every city in nor cal (the citys that had catalogues in the 90's) had a certain mobb style. Sac had a style (dark). Vallejo had a style (Sick Wid It/Khayree). Frisco had a style. Richmond had a style (Lil Ric - Mobbin Thru The Town/TRU - Livin That Life type shit). it seems like Oakland and Stockton didn't really have a style but kind of a general mobb sound with a little bit of everything. even in Frisco there was different styles of mobb, Killahoe, GLP, Cellski and Black C and on and on. Ant Banks (and some Killahoe shit) was funky as fuck, but nothin like g-funk. his shit was straight mobb.

but to answer your question, yeah i do.

Jan 13, 2017
Cali
I think Beta and Lynch probably did all of loaded.

I think the North Highlands shit might have had the most deviation from Sac. Especially the highside shit. Straight Game too. Alot of it was more standard mobb sounding. I was listening to Flawless today. Its pretty far removed from the south sac shit for sure

Apr 25, 2002
as far as real production value, every bodys right with that Loaded. you cant compare it. that shit was serious.

as far as best beats on a Sac album, Hollow Tip Flawless is my favorite. one of my favorite albums of the 90's.