best lyricist in the bay......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2006
LOL AT J STALIN PEOPLE JUST KILL ME ON THIS BOARD I SWEAR.. STALIN HAS THE MOST ABC ELEMTARY ASS RHYMES IN THE BAY.. LEARN WHAT THE TERM LYRICIST MEANS

Apr 1, 2004
yall are on crack!!! hyphy aint got shit on mobb!!! j stalin, awax, locksmith? thats a fuckin joke! whay not say that keak and fab then? naw yall trippin! these dudes got their lyrics and styles from listening to mobb shit! how bout young bop and t-nutty? they spit faster and with more flavor than the fools yall are pickin!

Apr 1, 2004
haji??????????? hands down? shit id rather listen to indian music than that dude!! WACK!!!! this isnt lyrical..johnny cash and rydah maybe but come on...? yall need to step it up!

Mar 4, 2006
HUBCAT. said:
PROVE ME WRONG.. LIKE I SAID A LYRICIST TO ME IS MULTIS, WORDPLAY, METAPHORS ETC.

I OBVIOUSLY DONT LIKE LOCKSMITH OVER PAC JUST THINK HE IS A BETTER 'LYRICIST' IF YOU THINK PAC IS THE DOPEST LYRICIST YOU HAVE TO BE A COMPLETE IDIOT.
Have you ever heard of alliteration, story telling, assonance, consonance, rhyme schemes, personification?

Jan 24, 2003
LYRICIST (Key word "Lyrics")

Imma say the dopest Lyricist is some young hungry dude that we never heard of readin the dictionary and spittin to himself in the mirror right now! (Most of the dopest lyricist never get heard)

But as far as out:

Del
Zion
Lock
Ya Boy

Fab (before he dumbed hiself down for his audience)

* Most of the people yall namin wouldnt even call themselves "Lyricist"

Jan 29, 2006
autistic said:
Have you ever heard of alliteration, story telling, assonance, consonance, rhyme schemes, personification?
YES.. AND I STILL THINK PAC WASNT THAT GREAT OF A LYRICIST.. AND STORYTELLING TO ME DOESNT FALL UNDER 'LYRICIST''

PAC WAS A GOOD RAPPER AND NOT THAT BAD OF A LYRICIST EITHER BUT PEOPLE LIKED HIM CUZ OF THE SHIT HE SPOKE ON AND HIS WAY OF PUTTING HIS LIFE ON WAX.. NOT CUZ HE WAS SUCH A DOPE LYRICIST.. EVEN THO HE WAS A BETTER LYRICIST THEN HALF THE RAPPERS OUT TODAY.. A

LL THAT SHIT YOU MENTIONED LIKE ASSONANCE AND PERSONIFICATION ARE ALSO FACTORS THAT PLAY ALONG WITH BEING A GOOD LYRICIST BUT IF YOU LISTEN TO PAC SOMETIMES HIS RHYMEPATTERNS WERE REAL BASIC.. HE MORE OFTEN THEN NOT HE KEPT IT SIMPLE NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT IF YOU HAVE OTHER QUALITIES YOU CAN COMPENSATE WITH WHICH PAC HAD.. HE STILL ONE OF THE DOPEST OF ALL TIME.. BUT WHEN PEOLE SAY HE WAS THE DOPEST LYRICIST EVER OR PUT NAMES LIKE KEAK AND J STALIN I CONVERSATIONS ABOUT LYRICISTS ITS CLEAR THEY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY TALKING ABOUT

Jan 29, 2006
^IM SORRY BUT YOUR OPINION DOESNT REALLY COUNT SINCE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW MORE THEN HALF THE BAY RAPPERS OUT...... NOT THAT YOU ARE MISSIN SOMETHING JUST SAYING HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CHOSE A BEST ANYTHING WHEN YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD MORE THEN HALF OF THE RAPPERS OUT THERE

Aug 7, 2006
HUBCAT. said:
^IM SORRY BUT YOUR OPINION DOESNT REALLY COUNT SINCE YOU DONT EVEN KNOW MORE THEN HALF THE BAY RAPPERS OUT...... NOT THAT YOU ARE MISSIN SOMETHING JUST SAYING HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY CHOSE A BEST ANYTHING WHEN YOU HAVENT EVEN HEARD MORE THEN HALF OF THE RAPPERS OUT THERE
i only hear of the ones that made an impact worldwide. say what you like im a universal cat listing universal lyricist oct point blank

Jan 4, 2003
wax comez thru lyrically..........

woulda gave it to Woodie cuz his lyrics are alwayz on topic but R.I.P.

I might be a lil biased since I'm from tha 925

Dec 17, 2004
im not even saying lyrics born is the best lyricist in the bay, but even he easily smashes on everyone that has been mentioned so far (except for gab)

example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdFqmrzYMzg

and since we're on lyricism...metaphors are not rhymes that say "blah blah like blah blah blah"...those are similies...and similies are not hard to make. people on here always get that twisted