Best LCD TVs out there!.wut do you recommend?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
THINKING OF GETTING UP ON A NEW SCREEN,...READ THE OTHER POST A WHILE BACK ABOUT WICH IS BETTER LCD OR PLASMAS,WITH LCDS BEING THE MOST POPULAR,..SO I WAS WONDERING WUT U GUYS THINK IS THE BEST OUT THERE AS FAR AS BRANDS GO,..WUT TO STAY AWAY FROM AND WUT NOT!,..MY CHOICES IM LEANING TOWARDS SO FAR ARE EITHER A JVC,LG,OR A SONY!..WUT YOU GUYS GOT AND WHY?!..411?!!?

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
GOT THAT 46' SONY LCD Z-SERIES 240HZ!!!

I LOVE IT!!!
COULD'VE BEEN MORE USER SETTINGS FOR THE PICTURE
BUT OTHER THEN THAT I AM TOTALLY SATISFIED!!!

CAN ACCESS YOUTUBE STRAIGHT FROM MY TV!!!

EVERYONE THAT WATCHES MY TV IS BLOWN AWAY!!!

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
GOT THAT 46' SONY LCD Z-SERIES 240HZ!!!

I LOVE IT!!!
COULD'VE BEEN MORE USER SETTINGS FOR THE PICTURE
BUT OTHER THEN THAT I AM TOTALLY SATISFIED!!!

CAN ACCESS YOUTUBE STRAIGHT FROM MY TV!!!

EVERYONE THAT WATCHES MY TV IS BLOWN AWAY!!!
IS IT A BRAVIA?!

Mar 2, 2006
which ones got the longest shelf life. i got 65 inch hd diamond series projector tv (display model) and the bulb exploded (sounded like a bomb went off) after a year... i'm assuming because it was always on while on dislpay at the store. it was under warranty so they replaced the bulbs though

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
a few things to definitely look at:

120htz or higher
contrast ration is very important

plasma has great contrast ratio, what shows the little details, but it also uses four times as much power and may give children and small animals tumors. the shit is hot, always radiating. check the ones in stores and you'll see. they also dont last as long. anymore, they are typically priced less, but i think the lcds are more worth the price--which is why i went with an lcd.

i chose a samsung. samsung is number two rated. sony is number one, and i think sony is a better product, but really they are interchangeable; either or would serve you well. the reason i chose the samsung is the price i found on one. i grew up on powdered milk. i remember sifting ants out of the jar of flower. we wasted nothing because we didnt have enough of anything. so it is with that eye that i make my purchase decisions. everything is scrutinized, all reviews are read, all specs are compared.

i chose a 40" samsung (model LN40b500) as soon as i found one for a black friday price.

the pros:
great screen
black finish, the tv is nice
40,000 to 1 dynamic contrast ratio

cons:
only a 40k to 1 contrast ratio
60htz

the great thing about 1080p hdtvs is that you can watch movies through a blu ray player at full capacity. and the picture is amazing. but, the downside is that no service, not even my uverse, broadcasts in 1080. everything is 720p. so you may save a little cash and get a 720p but up your contrast ratio.

(contrast ratio: that's like watching a car in a chase on the screen going down the highway, it looks like a car speeding down the highway. in real life, though, if youre on the interstate and you look at the other cars, you notice simple things, like slight fender vibration. everything has life, like organic. watching a game in hd with a high contrast ratio will show facial expression and all of the motions like you are watching from the sideline.)

a great deal..
a friend ordered a sony bravio recently from tiger direct. it was 995.00 and was shipped for free. his contrast ratio is 150,000 to one. it's either a 120 or a 240htz. 46" full 1080p. that's probably the very best deal you are going to get. because it is highly recommended that you do not buy lcds or plasmas as open box items.

as for led, there is absolutely nothing better on the market right now. the price proves that fact well. they will start making (or they have started, not sure--i know they have the ability to make them now) led 3d tvs, but it wont do you any good because nothing is broadcasted in 3d yet. that will happen in the next five years, though, that everything broadcasts in 3d. but for now, i'd say unless you can just burn money, stick with an lcd and all of the above constitutes my personal reasons why.
-kabol

poet

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
fuck a samsung!

that is all
my 40" lcd tv
my 18.5" lcd monitor
my big laser printer
my 640g portable hard drive
my memory camcorder

all samsung. probably my favorite product line. ive never been disappointing with them. i wish i'd have purchased my netbook as a samsung. i'm not thrilled with the hp i chose. other than a digital camera (i will always only go with kodak with a li-ion battery), i always prefer the brand. hell, if samsung made a car, i'd probably trade-in.

peace

damng

Sicc OG
Apr 19, 2008
i say fuck a samsung cuz my 32 LCD crapped out in less than a year.

maybe i just got the defective one out of the bunch...since i cant tell for sure, fuck a samsung.

and HP is a lot better than samsung when it comes to computers. my girls refurbished computer lasted longer than my brand new tv ha