Best Fighting Game Sticks?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
don't remember this being a topic, my bad if there already is one.

what are you reccomendations for good fighting game sticks? i'll primarily use it for SSFIV and SF3OE. i'd prefer to spend around $100 if possible, i'd like to stay away from the mad catz ~$150 sticks if i can (if they're really worth it i might consider it). this is an example of what i'd be willing to spend:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280724654440?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

its $90:

thanks.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Go to Shoryuken.com & lurk the Trading Station forum. You can pick a full sanwa mod for 60-70 shipped.

Hori is a good brand but you don't want a fightstick out the box. Fightsticks by both Hori & Madcatz are pretty much cheaper version of their quality sticks. They use generic parts and aren't nearly as responsive or accurate.

Qanba, Hori, and Madcatz all have really nice sticks in the 150 price range. If you can't find a SE mod on SRK then by all means they are worth the 150.

I have a Madcatz MvC TE and a SFIV standard with a full sanwa mod. I like both but use the modded SE more because it's far more portable.

Apr 25, 2002
^^
right on - so for a relative amateur like me that wouldn't know a good stick from a shitty one, what would make me want to shell out the $150 for a tournament edition mad catz (for example) vs. the one i posted above? are the sanwa parts really THAT important? is it mainly a responsiveness thing? the main reason i'm getting a stick is because i'm sick of my hands getting sweaty and not being able to pull moves off with a PS3 d-pad in the middle of heated matches. it sounds like the sanwa parts would minimize incorrect input sequences vs. stock parts on the stick above? kinda leaning toward just grabbing a ready to go quality stick from amazon vs. one from SRK because i really don't know what i should be looking for exactly.

edit: just saw you posted that, good shit. i have a PS3 only. can you link me to that specific one you posted so i can see an example? thanks.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Well cheap sticks have a lot of problems, in addition to missed inputs, sometime the non-namebrand buttons (sanwa/semitsue) are known to just stop functioning and stay that way until you turn your system off.

I know it doesn't seem like a big difference but it's such a huge leap in difference once you make it you will never go back.

What you're looking for is simple, a sanwa mod that includes buttons and JLF.

anyway saw this and will continue my post later cause wanted to give you a chance to jump on the offer. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wts-ps3-rd1-t-e-fightstick-90-shipped.147895/

EDIT: 90$ for an out the box TE. It is built with full sanwa parts. You're not going to get a better deal then that and if you're in the bay you can pick it up in person.

EDIT2: don't know if you know this but 3SOE doesn't have button shortcuts and the input windows are much smaller. People who've only played SSFIV have a hard time pulling things off because they're so used to the lax inputs.

Apr 25, 2002
so buying sticks used is legit??? i always try to buy my electronics new, but you think that one is good huh?

i'm good on SF3OE with a d-pad, are you saying that i'll have a hard time switching to the stick with it? or are you just generally comparing IV to 3OE?

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Im generally comparing IV to III.

Yea buying sticks used is legit. Especially from SRK. I would use a lot of caution from craigslist though.

Pretty much any TE model is good. They're all sanwa parts and are very sturdy.

If you wanted to go all out you can even find a custom builder on SRK but those get into the 2-300+ $ price range.

EDIT: BTW just bought the stick I linked abobe. 85$ shipped, not bad at all.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Im generally comparing IV to III.

Yea buying sticks used is legit. Especially from SRK. I would use a lot of caution from craigslist though.

Pretty much any TE model is good. They're all sanwa parts and are very sturdy.

If you wanted to go all out you can even find a custom builder on SRK but those get into the 2-300+ $ price range.

Jan 12, 2006
http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=274

Use coupon code EVO20 for $20 off of these Madcatz fightpads.

Street Fighter X Tekken FightPad S.D. – Ryu & Ken V.S. Kazuya & Nina for PS3 and Xbox 360 – $19.99
Street Fighter X Tekken FightPad S.D. – Chun-Li & Cammy V.S. Julia & Bob for PS3 and Xbox 360 – $19.99
Street Fighter X Tekken FightPad S.D. – Poison & Hugo & King & Marduk for PS3 and Xbox 360 – $19.99
Street Fighter X Tekken FightPad S.D. – Sagat & Dhalsim V.S. Hwoarang & Steve for PS3 and Xbox 360 – $19.99

Use coupon code EVO60 for $60 off of arcade sticks:

Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick V.S. for PS3 and Xbox 360 : $139.99
Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO “Cross” Design for PS3 and Xbox 360 : $99.99
Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick PRO “Line” Design for PS3 and Xbox 360 : $99.99
SOULCALIBUR V Arcade FightStick SOUL Edition for PS3 and Xbox 360: $99.99