Best bay mc?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 1, 2004
In your opinion who do you think is the best mc from the bay. Someone comparable to nas, crooked i, ras kass, etc.. I'd have to go with yuk (when he aint beefin with someone). Saafir is nice too. What yall think?

Oct 31, 2003
I hope this doesn't turn into a everybody saying "I'm the best MC" thread. I would have to go with San Quinn, The Frontline, E-40 and Yuk (like someone else said) when he ain't runnin around tryin to start beef with people.

Feb 13, 2005
san quinn, yuk, ray luv, nickatina, mac mall, saafir's hella dope, he stop though according to ras kass, not in this order of course! i think this is it for myself that i think are the best of the best! i like dubee, young lay, psd, askari x, seagram, etc but i don't wanna put them as my top best bay mc's! but i think i'ma go with these kats! if i can think of anybody else i'll add em! oh yeah & keak & dreezy is tight too! x raided too!

Apr 25, 2002
eXpLiCiT_4o8 said:
In your opinion who do you think is the best mc from the bay. Someone comparable to nas, crooked i, ras kass, etc.. I'd have to go with yuk (when he aint beefin with someone). Saafir is nice too. What yall think?
you should rename the topic to "Best Bay LYRICIST" if using nas, rass, etc. as examples. and let me just say - wordplay, rhyme pattern, and just plain overall SKILL-wise, there are very very few MCs in the bay that can even be REMOTELY compared to those you named.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Mess is a tight rapper but he ain't no lyrical powerhouse, his last album he rhymed nigga with nigga in like 90% of the cuts on there lines like I'm the shit nigga/its money on a bitch nigga, shit like that! I like his shit and all I just gotta disagree about him being a great MC

I'm gonna give it to San Quinn. most bay rappers are just that, rappers. They can write some good shit but that don't mean they can freestyle real hard like that. There is a big difference between a rapper and an MC.

Other tight Bay MCs..
Frontline
Balance
Living Legends
Nikatina
Mac Dre
Equipto
A-Wax