Best album(s) by ______

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 14, 2006
just making this so if people need help on finding which albums are their favorite and such for given bands.

ill start off with asking for best by The Smiths and The Ramones

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
My favorite album by The Smiths is easily The Queen Is Dead. It's hands down one of my favorite albums ever, in any genre of music. All four of their official albums are really good and then Louder Than Bombs is great too which is all their singles and B-sides. One of my favorite Smiths song called "Girl Afraid" is on that album. But yeah, start with The Queen Is Dead and go from there.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
DNI...

I was checking out your Last.fm and I'm a big fan of everyone in your top 5 artists on there except for Sigh who I've never even heard of. Seeing we seem to have similar taste in quite a few bands which would you say is the best album(s) by them?

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
DNI...

I was checking out your Last.fm and I'm a big fan of everyone in your top 5 artists on there except for Sigh who I've never even heard of. Seeing we seem to have similar taste in quite a few bands which would you say is the best album(s) by them?
I just downloaded a few Sigh albums, I'll put them up tonight. I really like Hangman's Hymn so far.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
Sigh's stuff is so varied it's hard to pick a favorite, but I recommend starting with Imaginary Sonicscape.. Scenario IV is also up there for me..

Mar 18, 2003
These are bands I know and have listened to (except ptw which I'm just starting on) but only on a song by song basis; even then it is limited. What are the best albums by: Coheed & Cambria (seriously), Explosions In The Sky, Poison The Well, Sed Non Satiata, Sigur Rós..

Also Saves The Day? I listened to them a while back and was not the least bit impressed but they seem to get a fair share of good criticism on here so I must have started in the wrong place.

Might have some more later. @ Odracir: I never really got into either band. I know their both legendary, though.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
You can try everything with Coheed, their album's have gotten worse IMO but the sound keeps changing so you can find what you like. My personal favorites are Second Stage Turbine Blade and In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3.
You can get everything with Explosions and Sigur Ros, every one of their albums are good.
And the best Saves the Day albums are Through Being Cool and Stay What You Are.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
These are bands I know and have listened to (except ptw which I'm just starting on) but only on a song by song basis; even then it is limited. What are the best albums by: Coheed & Cambria (seriously), Explosions In The Sky, Poison The Well, Sed Non Satiata, Sigur Rós..

Also Saves The Day? I listened to them a while back and was not the least bit impressed but they seem to get a fair share of good criticism on here so I must have started in the wrong place.

Might have some more later. @ Odracir: I never really got into either band. I know their both legendary, though.
Co & Ca - I'm not a big fan minus a couple of songs so I'm really no help but it looks like RJ already got you covered there.

Explosions In the Sky - Personally I really like all their stuff but my favorite album by them is The Earth Is Not a Cold Dead Place so I'd start there.

Poison the Well - Easily The Opposite of December, amazing album. I liked all their stuff up until You Come Before You. That album was crap and I really haven't checked for them since.

Sed Non Satiata - One of my current favorite bands. They don't have a lot of work so it will be easy to get all their stuff and it's all great. Their only full length (that I know of atleast) Le Ciel De Notre Enfance is awesome from front to back and their side of their split with Daitro (another great band) is even better then that. They have a demo and then another split with Aghast (I think) and that's all that I know of and it's all worth getting.

Sigur Ros - Get everything they have...Ágætis byrjun and () are tied for my favorite and their documentary/ tour of Iceland DVD called Heima is one of the best I've ever seen.

May 16, 2002

one of my favorite bands... my top three from them...

1. stay what you are
2. through being cool
3. sound the alarm
*also a b-side album called "ups and downs" is a great album.

Jan 14, 2006
how bout the beatles?

for some reason ive never really listened to their music much ive had the opportunity time and time again but for some reason dont feel really compelled to listen to it, but i got some time now and think i can sit down and listen to some more legends,

... beatles

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
I think if you asked 10 Beatles fans what their best album is you'd get 5 different answers, but my personal favorites are Abbey Road and Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. I used to love The White Album and Revolver but I kind of played both of them out from listening too much.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
The Strokes don't really have a big collection of work, just three full lengths and an EP. I like all their stuff decently but it gets old after awhile. I'm not much help with this one, sorry.

The Pixies question is a no brainer IMO, Surfer Rosa. Doolittle is amazing too.

Animal Collective I'd say their most easily accessible album is their new one Merriweather Post Pavilion and it might eventually become my favorite by them once I give it more time to soak and see how it stands up 3-4 years from now. As of now my favorite is Sung Tongs. I personally love all their music though. Water Curses is a great EP.

Jan 14, 2006
thanks,

strangely ive only listened to Merriweather Post Pavillion about twice all the way. Water Curses is def. my favourite though even if it isn't a full-length and probably followed by Strawberry Jam but havent really had a chance to listen to their older albums