BERNARD HOPKINS v.s. ROY JONES JR.????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 16, 2004
i know they was negotiating this, does anyone have any information on this bout?????? also ZAB JUDAH could fight FLOYD MAYWHEATHER in march if he wins his fight against this one guy on january 7th

May 12, 2002
I believe it is supposed to be March 11 PPV. So now you got Pac Man vs. Morales in Jan , Castillio vs. Corrales & Mosley vs. Vargas in Feb , Jones vs. Hopkins & Chavez vs. MAB in March , and Mayweather vs. Judah in April . Awesome start to 2006 for Boxing.

Mar 16, 2005
Hopkins vs Jones what a yawner that will be.

They will probably collapse from running around the ring so much. Niether one of them should be fighting anymore, but I guess that's why they are fighting eachother.

Seriously if anyone buys this fight they have major problems. Why would anyone pay to watch to over the hill fighters that were done over a year ago.

Sep 28, 2002
An April 8 superfight between WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight champion Zab Judah and WBC super lightweight champion Floyd Mayweather was inked today. According to Team Judah, no venue has been finalized and the bout, which will take place in Las Vegas. The Thomas & Mack Arena was mentioned as a possibility, due to the large seating capacity. Zab's WBC belt will be the only title on the line. The total pot for the fight is 9.5 million, with Judah making $3.5 million.

Dec 25, 2003
JONES-HOPKINS II... brought to you by Geritol and Depends. Suggested titles... "The Fight You Used To Wanna See", "One Mo' Time - Who Cares?", "Older And Slower", "Rigamortis Is A State Of Mind", "Retirement Can Wait", "One Mo' Payday", "Who Needs Gum Shields With Dentures Like Ours?", "Wake Me Up When It's Over", "Pay-Per-View Screw", "Just When You Thought You'd Never Beat Insomnia", "Cooking With Old Grease", and finally... "Why The Hell Did I Pay For This?" Lead candidates for entrance music... "I Don't Need Your Rockin' Chair", "Old Man River", and Roy Jones' latest single... "I Musta Forgot (Damn This Alzheimers)". Thank you. Please submit your suggestions to www.whoreallygivesafuckaboutthisoldfartfight.com.

Seriously, this would have been a great match up... ABOUT THREE YEARS AGO!! I wouldn't pay two cents to see this fight now.

But I shit you not, I bet this fight ends up being an eliminator for one of the belts.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
THEY WERE TO SCARED TO DO IT A COUPLE YEARS AGO NOW THEY DOIN IT CAUSE BOTH THEIR CAREERS ARE OVER, NOT TO SAY THEY BOTH STILL AINT SICK BUT YA KNOW HOW IT GOES AFTER YOU LOSE A COUPLE FIGHTS NO MAS

May 12, 2002
Just being real, the X Jones fight could have happened years ago, but X would not fight Jones unless he got a 50/50 cut. This is before the Tito fight and when Hopkins was making a couple of Hundred a fight. Jones offered him many times to fight for 60/40 Hop never would. Now they are both in a situation were this makes the most sense. They could fight Tarver,Taylor,Coffe Johnson, and not get any where near the amount of money they would for fighting each other. It is the best move for them both. As soon as they announced Taylor the winner , the first thing I said was watch Jones and Hopkins will fight.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
pimpsmooth420 said:
An April 8 superfight between WBC/WBA/IBF welterweight champion Zab Judah and WBC super lightweight champion Floyd Mayweather was inked today. According to Team Judah, no venue has been finalized and the bout, which will take place in Las Vegas. The Thomas & Mack Arena was mentioned as a possibility, due to the large seating capacity. Zab's WBC belt will be the only title on the line. The total pot for the fight is 9.5 million, with Judah making $3.5 million.
that fights gonna be tight as fuck

May 12, 2002
I am really looking forward to Mosley and Vargas. Hopefully they will both get back to were they were a few years back. I am a huge Mosley fan, but he doesnt seem to be the fighter he used to. Also you got Oscar De La Hoya vs. Ricardo Mayorga sometime soon.

Oct 20, 2003
www.myspace.com
Judah has more power than Mayweather and i think he's quicker...both got excellent defense though

i could see this going the whole 12 unless Mayweather gets hit with the "Nyquil" punch for slippin up on his defense

i dont see Judah losing this one tho'

Mosley over Vargas
De La Hoya over Mayorga weird ass style
Hopkins over Jones in 12
MAB over Chavez
Corrales over Castillo
Morales over Pac Man

im shootin for 5/7