Bellator 149 Shamrock vs Gracie / Kimbo vs Dada5000

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
need a thread for the greatest card in mma history. Fuck whoever's in charge of putting the Big Pygmy on the prelims

February 19, 2016 | Toyota Center | Houston, Texas
main CARD
Spike, 9 p.m. ET
Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock
Kimbo Slice vs. Dhafir Harris
Emanuel Newton vs. Linton Vassell
Derek Campos vs. Melvin Guillard
Daniel Pineda vs. Emmanuel Sanchez

preliminary CARD
MMAjunkie, 7 p.m. ET
Richard Knepp vs. Isaac Villanueva
Ryan Hollis vs. Adrian Yanez
James Christopherson vs. Charlie Ontiveros
Anthony Ivy vs. Jason Langellier
Jeremy Mahon vs. Davis Sylvester
Juan Torres vs. Justin Wren
Mike Trinh vs. Angel Zamora
Ruben Esparsa vs. C.J. Hancock
Manny Lozoya vs. Jacob Norsworthy

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Scott Coker to launch Bellator Kickboxing in April on Spike

HOUSTON – Bellator, arguably the most prominent MMA promotion outside of the UFC, will soon add a kickboxing division to the company.

Bellator President Scott Coker and Spike executives today announced the upcoming launch of Bellator Kickboxing.

The kickboxing organization, slated for an April launch, will air on Spike like its MMA counterpart. Bellator’s MMA staff will run the kickboxing promotion out of its current Santa Monica, Calif., offices, according to Coker.

The first event is slated for April 16 and will be co-promoted with Oktagon Kickboxing. Pala Alpitour in Turin, Italy, plays host. Spike will air a live Bellator MMA event as a lead-in.

Melvin Manhoef vs. Alexandru Negrea headlines the kickboxing event, and ISKA 72kg champion Mustapha Haida moves up in weight to challenge Karim Ghajii for his ISKA 75kg belt.

Coker, who formerly headed Strikeforce and had a short stint among the UFC executive ranks, is a 30-year combat-sports promoter who got his start pushing kickboxing events. He took over the helm of Bellator in 2014.

According to the announcement, Bellator Kickboxing will feature notables such as Joe Schilling, Raymond Daniels, Kevin Ross, Keri Taylor-Melendez and Anastasia Yankova. Some events will feature a mix of MMA and kickboxing bouts, Coker said.

Fighters will be free to compete in one or both promotions, he said.

Apr 25, 2002
Kimbo's a tough call. he's the only dude i remember that made Roy Nelson not want to stand, but then he got smooth slept by Petruzelli. i dont even know who Dada is.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Kimbo's a tough call. he's the only dude i remember that made Roy Nelson not want to stand, but then he got smooth slept by Petruzelli. i dont even know who Dada is.
Dada is just another Miami street fighting dude. He started promoting full shows of street fights. He's the guy that initially promoted Jorge Masvidal and Alex "Bruce Leeroy" Caceras bare knuckle fights.